Petition - OTC for Colorado Residents

Hnthrdr

WKR
I think the OTC model worked "ok" until they started taking more and more OTC units away and now the OTC units that are left get absolutely hammered. They need to just drop the OTC system altogether. That said: They need to identify calving areas, and limit any and all access into those areas when the elk are calving. The herds are suffering, and ive seen areas they limit access too for the goats/sheep, they should do it for the elk as well. It's the poor calving % thats hurting the herds the most which i read some article at some point that said if you bump a pregnant elk like... shoot, just 3 times? Something like that, she aborts the pregnancy.
This is spot on! Can’t cut the units in half and wonder why it’s so crowded in the remainder

Man that'd be awesome for Colorado. Sure it'll hurt their pocket books but oh well. Montana needs to take a serious look at limiting non residents. It's getting ridiculous when trailheads look like a KOA camp ground and all the plates are from the Midwest. Yeah yeah I get it we need the money from the Midwesties. But the non resident pressure has basically ruined elk hunting in Montana.

Colorado desperately needs to stop OTC for both residents and non res.
Colorado is such a mess right now.

Archer86

WKR
Man that'd be awesome for Colorado. Sure it'll hurt their pocket books but oh well. Montana needs to take a serious look at limiting non residents. It's getting ridiculous when trailheads look like a KOA camp ground and all the plates are from the Midwest. Yeah yeah I get it we need the money from the Midwesties. But the non resident pressure has basically ruined elk hunting in Montana.
Montana does limit nr hunters