Photography- one photo a day

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
2UCDXFO.jpg

20210625_202425.jpgDrove up Providence Canyon to Logan Peak the other day. Next several pictures I post will be my phone pictures from that expedition. Onx offroad rates the trail as an 8/10 but I thought it hardly seemed that extreme. No matter the trail difficulty, there were dozens of varieties of wild flowers scattered about, especially from 8,000 ft to the peak.

AKDoc

WKR
My wife and I just got back yesterday from a 10-day road-trip up the Dalton haul-road in the truck-camper, far north beyond the Arctic Circle within the Brooks Range. I'll post a picture a day from that trip for a few days.

The Brooks Range, just north of Atigun Pass...
IMG_4598 (2).jpg

My wife and I just got back yesterday from a 10-day road-trip up the Dalton haul-road in the truck-camper, far north beyond the Arctic Circle within the Brooks Range. I'll post a picture a day from that trip for a few days.

The Brooks Range, just north of Atigun Pass...
I attempted that drive in Sept. many years ago in my Nissan 4x4 PU. I got going up the pass, & it started snowing and sticking like hell. By the time I got to the top, there was more than inch and it was still snowing. Thinking it could be many days before I could come back, I opted to turn around and head back to Fairbanks.

AKDoc

WKR
I attempted that drive in Sept. many years ago in my Nissan 4x4 PU. I got going up the pass, & it started snowing and sticking like hell. By the time I got to the top, there was more than inch and it was still snowing. Thinking it could be many days before I could come back, I opted to turn around and head back to Fairbanks.
Smart move sir!