Photography- one photo a day

Geedubya

Lil-Rokslider
kJFZNHe.png

Lincoln National Forest, NM

Geedubya

Lil-Rokslider
Man you sir have lived a nice life. :) Puerto Escondido is amazing and beautiful.

Man you sir have lived a nice life. :) Puerto Escondido is amazing and beautiful.
I have had a story book life. No where but in the good ol' USA, could a person of my meager abilities had such a wonderful life. So with that in mind, I hope you guys do not mind a tale from a different century....

In the 70’s I would fly from Reynosa to Mexico City, then take a bus to Acapulco, then either go to Mazatlán or south to San Blas or Puerto Escondido. Would stay about a month, or as long as $150 would last.
For this excursion my bud and I had worked long enough painting beach houses to buy each of a board, and have a couple hundered dollars in our pockets.
One night I remember in particular on my Escondido trip. It was 1975. A bud and I had gone to Puerto Escondido. There, they had what they called a trailer park. It was basically a coconut palm grove. My bud and I traveled light. We had a pair of huaraches, couple shirts, couple pairs of bags and a sleeping bag each. We were able to rent a spot for $1 American per night. We tied a rope between two coconut palms and spread one bag over the rope like a tent and spread out the other bag so we did not have to lay in the sand. Helped keep the “no-seeums” at bay. We had been there a few days and a Pacific Coast Hurricane headed our way. My bud’s girl-friend had made each of us a board bag to slip our boards in. The night the hurricane hit I had stretched a hammock between two palms and climbed into that bag. Wind came up and was probably blowing 100 MPH. I got cold and soaked from the driving rain. Coconuts were falling all around me. I dicided I did not need to be brained by a coconut. There was a Palapa in the park next to the water hydrant that served as a shower. I went there and there were about 20 other folk crowed in trying to get out of the wind and rain. I joined them. So, 20+ bodies in a confined space, where there was only enough room to stand…..Luckily a couple bottles of tequila were broke out. Sure made it much more bearable to hang till morning!
The bright spot of the trip was a young lady who called herself “Shanghai Lil”. Said she was down there to get an all over “tan” as she was to be a contestant in the “Ms. Nude World” contest, and the “Beaners” would not leave her alone when she was doing her thing. One of those Polynesian beauties that had an hour--glass figure and Raven hair that reached the back of her knees. She enticed me to squire her around for a week, (my kind of duty).
Yowsir!

GWB

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
I have had a story book life. No where but in the good ol' USA, could a person of my meager abilities had such a wonderful life. So with that in mind, I hope you guys do not mind a tale from a different century....

In the 70’s I would fly from Reynosa to Mexico City, then take a bus to Acapulco, then either go to Mazatlán or south to San Blas or Puerto Escondido. Would stay about a month, or as long as $150 would last.
For this excursion my bud and I had worked long enough painting beach houses to buy each of a board, and have a couple hundered dollars in our pockets.
One night I remember in particular on my Escondido trip. It was 1975. A bud and I had gone to Puerto Escondido. There, they had what they called a trailer park. It was basically a coconut palm grove. My bud and I traveled light. We had a pair of huaraches, couple shirts, couple pairs of bags and a sleeping bag each. We were able to rent a spot for $1 American per night. We tied a rope between two coconut palms and spread one bag over the rope like a tent and spread out the other bag so we did not have to lay in the sand. Helped keep the “no-seeums” at bay. We had been there a few days and a Pacific Coast Hurricane headed our way. My bud’s girl-friend had made each of us a board bag to slip our boards in. The night the hurricane hit I had stretched a hammock between two palms and climbed into that bag. Wind came up and was probably blowing 100 MPH. I got cold and soaked from the driving rain. Coconuts were falling all around me. I dicided I did not need to be brained by a coconut. There was a Palapa in the park next to the water hydrant that served as a shower. I went there and there were about 20 other folk crowed in trying to get out of the wind and rain. I joined them. So, 20+ bodies in a confined space, where there was only enough room to stand…..Luckily a couple bottles of tequila were broke out. Sure made it much more bearable to hang till morning!
The bright spot of the trip was a young lady who called herself “Shanghai Lil”. Said she was down there to get an all over “tan” as she was to be a contestant in the “Ms. Nude World” contest, and the “Beaners” would not leave her alone when she was doing her thing. One of those Polynesian beauties that had an hour--glass figure and Raven hair that reached the back of her knees. She enticed me to squire her around for a week, (my kind of duty).
Yowsir!

GWB

I bet you have quite a few of these stories in your back pocket, haha! Well done, sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKDoc

WKR
Heading up the Dalton towards the Brooks Range on our 10-day road-trip in the truck-camper last month...the image is a few miles south of the Arctic Circle…countless granite Tors protruding across the vast surface of an ancient and eroded mountain range (sorry for the lack of better clarity)…

IMG_4526 (1).jpg

Last edited: