Pig hunting-good way to fill the freezer?

Kawabunga

Lil-Rokslider
Heres a pretty fat sow. like was mentioned above, depends on what and how much they have to eat, this sow was feeding on Macadamia nuts, fat taste almost buttery and drips with oil. I know someone said even boars taste great but not sure if it's just in HI but boars have what I call a "hairy" taste, even the young ones, and you can smell it when cooking, I usually let them walk unless it's a huge one or it's had it's balls cut off. Usually use the boars for sausage but still try to mix the meat with sows to dilute the boar smell and taste. They are fun to hunt and you gotta hit them good, good luck!
Fat Sow.jpg

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
That, and the other 2 smaller ones in the back of the bike, are all sows, they don't get the fighting pads like boars do. It was all fat, very good condition. All shot here at home, about 4klms from where i am sitting now.

Cool! That looks just like south Texas in many areas. I was lucky enough to grow up on a ranch in the middle of hog country. I moved into the house that I grew up in with my wife and I bet I killed close to 100 hogs just from the house in the first 3 years of my marriage. Those were fun times. Some of those fighting pads we are talking about are like plastic plates, I'm sure you've seen plenty.