Pillow help

I have one of the sea to summit Aeros pillows and was hoping somebody could help me…when I inflate it all the way it’s hard as a rock and not exactly “pillow like” and when I inflate it to 1/2-3/4 full, the dang thing is like sleeping on a baseball and rolls my head all night..so am I doing something wrong or is this just how all inflatable pillows are? I ended up just stuffing clothes in a stuff sack last year and that was much better

Yeah I think with those inflatable pillows that’s probably gonna be the case.

Some of the inflatables have a foam cover over them that makes them a little more pillow-like. The Nemo Fillo is a good example. It’s heavy, but I need a decent pillow to sleep good so it’s worth the weight. I’d love to be able to sleep with no pillows or just some clothes stuffed into a bag, but I’ve tried both and it just doesn’t work for me.

Only Pillow worth spending money on is the Nemo fillo eilte. A lil spendy but way better then using clothes or your bag. And a million times better then an inflatable pillow
The Nemo filo is good.

To the OP…Moosjaw has 20% off right now, I just checked and they have them instock if you wanted pick one up.

GR1NCH11

FNG
I had the same experience with the aeros. It wasn't for me. I got a packable pillow made by wise owl, it is much more comfortable. It packs up fairly small, about the size of a regular nalgene bottle.

I use an inflatable with a small pillow case and stuff it and some clothes in it to give a little more padding.

Legend

WKR
I am seriously considering packing in my full sized pillow off my bed. Sure it will be bulky but it doesnt way much. A good pillow is a game changer for sleep.

I use the aeros premium and can say it never seems hard or like I roll off. not sure if you are using the standard, but if so, the premium has a sleeve around it that helps with cushioning. Weight penalty is only like .6 which is more than worth it in my mind for a good nights sleep.

mlgc20

WKR
Check out Goosefeet Gear. They make a down pillow that has a pocket to put an air pillow underneath. Very high quality.

WoodBow

WKR
Buy yourself a my pillow brand travel pillow. It is perfect and it is a real pillow. Packs well and reasonably light. You are going to spend hours a night on a pillow. It is worth it to have a real pillow. I like it so much that inuse it at home.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Drenalin

WKR
As a fairly broad shouldered side sleeper, I've tried a lot of pillows and absolutely cannot find an ideal solution that is firm enough or thick enough for me. Clothes in a stuff sack don't work, and I've come to hate inflatable pillows. The best I can do is stuff as much clothing as I have with me (and can fit) into the lid of my pack, bunch the other clothes inside the pack, lay the stuffed lid on top, and put my fleece midlayer on top of all that so I don't have cold zippers touching me all night. This works, but it's a little bit of a hassle just to get my head off the ground.

Poser

WKR
I use 3 pillows. A large inflatable Klymit pillow as a base stacked with a Nemo Fillo on top. I use the Goosefeet gear pillow for between my knees (side sleeper). This was after much frustration and experimentation.

mlgc20

WKR
Th
I use 3 pillows. A large inflatable Klymit pillow as a base stacked with a Nemo Fillo on top. I use the Goosefeet gear pillow for between my knees (side sleeper). This was after much frustration and experimentation.
The pillow between your knees is a very underrated technique for improving sleep in the backcountry. (And front country)

BenchToField

Lil-Rokslider
That's not how all pillows are. I use 3 pillows. Nemo Fillo (on bottom) and Thermarest Compressible Travel Pillow (on top) for the head. I can dial it it just as good as my daily home bed pillow. Most comfortable combination I've found and I think I've tried every major brand pillow on the market. Hikenture camping pillow for the knees (side sleeper). Worth the ounces? For me 100%. Some guys pride themselves on how light and minimalistic they can go. I say good for them. I want to sleep the best I possibly can out there. I cut weight in other areas.

Check out Goosefeet Gear. They make a down pillow that has a pocket to put an air pillow underneath. Very high quality.

^^^^this, and coupled with a light wt. inflatable pillow, it absolutely kicks ass! 6.2 oz. total wt. for my medium (3.5 oz. fill), GooseFeet pillow w/Big Agnes AXL inflatable pillow. Definitely not the lightest or cheapest but the absolute most comfortable from the many that I have tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gapmaster

WKR
^^^^this, and coupled with a light wt. inflatable pillow, it absolutely kicks ass! 6.2 oz. total wt. for my medium (3.5 oz. fill), GooseFeet pillow w/Big Agnes AXL inflatable pillow. Definitely not the lightest or cheapest but the absolute most comfortable from the many that I have tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How small will it pack down? Looks awesome, but I would like to know how big it is in your pack.

I use the thermarest compressible pillow. Messed around with clothes in a stuff sack and even a car wash sponge for too long in hindsight. 7 oz for the small, so decently heavy by comparison but the sleep is substantially better for me.

Poser

WKR
I use the thermarest compressible pillow. Messed around with clothes in a stuff sack and even a car wash sponge for too long in hindsight. 7 oz for the small, so decently heavy by comparison but the sleep is substantially better for me.

I haven’t been able to get the clothes sack to work for me since my 20s. It’s just not consistent enough in terms of support, nor soft enough.

I have two mediums, 9oz each according to my food scale. Man them things are nice. I actually used one as my primary pillow at home for close to a year while having some neck issues. I may have to get a small for packing, that 7oz would be well worth it.