Pillow?

ncavi8tor

WKR
What pillow, if any, do ya'll recommend for a 5-7 day backpack archery elk hunt?

I am looking at the Sea to Summit ultralight models, but people say they start to leak after a few uses. Thanks!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Clarence

WKR
I have Nemo and Sea to summit. S2s packs smaller, is a little lighter, and inflates larger. It also feels like sleeping on a plastic inflatable pillow. It is functional. The Nemo has a soft cloth on one side, and just feels nice. When I take the kids out, they get the s2s

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I moved away from inflatable pillows to the western mountaineering cloud rest down pillow. Packs down nice and lofts back up quick. Comes with its integrated stuff sack also.

Thermarest makes a SilNylon stuff sack that is reversible with a fleece liner. Stuff some clothes in and youve got a nice pillow. 1.5 ounces, double purpose item.

My Sea to Summit Aeros Premium has held up well. The Nemo Fillo looks intriguing despite it being 8 ounces.

Ratamahatta

Lil-Rokslider
Travel size pillow case stuffed with my Kifaru lost park parka is what I use.

I take a sea to summit and put it in the stuff sack (inside out) for my sleep gear. I add clothing inside the bag on top of the sea to summit (air pad closest to ground) to build up a nice pillow.

Clarence

WKR
My Nemo is the elite. Packs about the size of a tennis ball. They do have a bigger one that weighs 9oz. that has foam.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
Goosefoot Gear down pillow. It has a sleeve that I stuff with something firm like a rain jacket: firm on the bottom, soft down on top.

TheBrianM

FNG
Trekology Ultralight off Amazon. Packs down small, weighs like 3.4oz, fits inside my mummy bag

Thermarest travel pillow is best I have found so far, but the foam loses loft overnight. Going to give the Nemo Fillo a try. Same weight; hopefully a better pillow.

Elnicko

WKR
The MyPillow travel pillow is great. I usually stuff my down jacket in the pillow case to make it fatter since I sleep on my side.

hunt1up

WKR
The MyPillow travel pillow is great. I usually stuff my down jacket in the pillow case to make it fatter since I sleep on my side.

I agree with this. I bought two of these after reading favorable reviews here on Rokslide. They have a traditional pill feel but they're light and small. I've tried all the inflatables and they all feel like I'm sleeping on a basketball. I took two of the My Pillow Travel Pillows to Alaska last fall and really liked them.

mlgc20

WKR
Goosefoot Gear down pillow. It has a sleeve that I stuff with something firm like a rain jacket: firm on the bottom, soft down on top.

I got a pillow from Goosefeet Gear. Great stuff. I use the sleeve to put an Exped pillow in. The Exped pillow gives it some height, and then the down is very soft. I then took it one level further and had a guy make a pillow case specifically for this setup. It has microfleece on the the top and ripstop on the bottom. It also has a couple of elastic straps to secure it around the sleeping pad. Pictures below. I never go into the backcountry without it any more. (Don't judge my happy monkey pillowcase either.)

Attachments

• Pillow1.jpg
    Pillow1.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Pillow2.jpg
    Pillow2.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 32