Pine Valley General Deer

elkhuntrr75

Lil-Rokslider
Hello folks. I was wondering what you think about Utah’s Pine Valley general mule deer hunt. I should draw this tag this year and this would be my first time hunting Utah. It’s a big unit and I was just wanting basic information so I can start scouting. Thanks

It’s a great unit you will see a lot of deer and snakes. I Hunted it a few years ago and had a great time! I would suggest finding water holes even if they the obvious ones and just expanding outward from there. Every time I came acrossed a trough I would look around and notice deer staring at me from behind every bush. Mostly does and smaller bucks but the big bucks are there somewhere. If you’ve got any specific questions I’m more than happy to Help you out

OP
E

elkhuntrr75

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the information. Utah’s draw results seem later than usual this year. Once I have a chance to scout this unit I am sure that I will have a couple of questions.

UtahJimmy

WKR
We'll see CC get hit either tomorrow or next Friday based on previous years. Results will follow the Monday after. You'll know if you draw in the next 12 days

Unless the odds have changed tremendously, I'll be there this fall. It'll be my first Utah deer tag and I'm ready to go.

Pine Valley can be a fun hunt. Good deer pupolation. It's where I've been hunting since I moved out here. That said I have more than one season under my belt already that just didn't produce even one good buck sighting. I'm still exploring new areas though. Its a big unit.

JRMiller

WKR
haven't hunted it yet but have driven though it, beautiful place.
Utah point creep from 2018 to 2019 seemed to jump huge.
places i have got tags for fairly easily before now required nearly double the points.
maybe its just the places i like

I was on the fence between pine valley and Dutton. I chose Dutton archery but looking at the latest stats and deer numbers I should have gone with pine valley

gribble21

FNG
Hopefully you draw with them cutting 10,000 tags this year. Its a good unit just put in the time and you'll find the bucks.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Tag_Soup

WKR
Hopefully you draw with them cutting 10,000 tags this year. Its a good unit just put in the time and you'll find the bucks.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
From the numbers I saw, it didn't appear that they cut any tags in Pine Valley, so shouldn't see a huge change there.

My uncle hunted that area 4 years back and got a real nice mature 4 point. Looks like some real good genetics in that area.

Also a PV tag holder this year! Good luck to all that drew the tag! I'm hopeful! This will be the first time for me hunting this area.