Pine Valley General Deer

SDHNTR

WKR
Those of you that drew PV early as a NR, how many pts did you have? I had 4 and didn’t draw. Last year 4 was a lock. Damn creep!

It’s a great unit you will see a lot of deer and snakes. I Hunted it a few years ago and had a great time! I would suggest finding water holes even if they the obvious ones and just expanding outward from there. Every time I came acrossed a trough I would look around and notice deer staring at me from behind every bush. Mostly does and smaller bucks but the big bucks are there somewhere. If you’ve got any specific questions I’m more than happy to Help you out
Do you see snakes during the rifle seasons or only duing Archery season?

Is the unit high desert? I have never hunted Utah but thinking on deer hunting Pine Valley in a couple years.

I got no issue if there are snakes but I like to be aware of them.

Thanks for information.

It’s a great unit you will see a lot of deer and snakes. I Hunted it a few years ago and had a great time! I would suggest finding water holes even if they the obvious ones and just expanding outward from there. Every time I came acrossed a trough I would look around and notice deer staring at me from behind every bush. Mostly does and smaller bucks but the big bucks are there somewhere. If you’ve got any specific questions I’m more than happy to Help you out
im in a similiar boat. If you dont mind emailing me.. [email protected] appreciate any info willing to give looking at the archery season

OP
E

elkhuntrr75

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry for the late response. I hunted the first rifle season and was fortunate to have a local show me around. I hunted it hard and was in the right area. I did end up getting a shot a decent 4 point but had the sun in my face and missed the shot. This unit is very dependent on getting some weather. Meaning that it is very dependent on the deer migration. The year I hunted was T-shirt weather and deer numbers were low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk