Place to buy western mountaineering ?

DuckDogDr

WKR
Looking to purchase a WM bag. Sequoia goretex specifically.
Best place to get at a reasonable cost as possible of if there is one better / lighter I’m all ears as well. Accumulating gear for a sheep hunt in future
Im partial to my rectangle or semi- rec bags vs Mummy.

Last edited:
Hermits hut has had no inventory on their website for months. If you call them directly they may be able to set one aside when it comes through.

I bought a badger from gohunt and with a promo code it was a good price.

Send Hermits Hut an email (or call) with the specs you’re looking for. They’ll email you when one arrives.

Moosejaw has also had some WM bags available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R_burg

WKR
Hermits Hut is the best. Last time I needed a bag (in 2020) got me a bag shipped from WM in no time. I was leaving for a hunt and they didn't have the bag in stock, so they got WM to take a bag from a different order and send it to me and the order was turned around ASAP, even though it meant extra work for them. That place is awesome. Also free overfill.

Call Western Mountaineering directly and ask who they sent the exact model bag in their last run. Call all of those shops and see if they still have it.

From there, if no one has it in stock, call Larry @ Mountain Tools https://www.mtntools.com/ they practically work right next door to Western Mountaineering and can push a backorder through the fastest. Know the exact model and retail price of the bag before you call. The phone is usually busy so you'll need to call a few times throughout the day.

I've gotten 3 of my bags using both of these methods as I like a right zip and it's not stocked as often.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I got mine from bean outdoors, he posts it used to post here on rokslide. It was nice to deal with a small business that was easy to make contact with.

sneaky

"DADDY"
If you want to keep the lights on on this site, use a site sponsor. Several to choose from. Or you can support the granolas. Overfill cuts down on dead spots in the down from migration and extends the life of the down, but doesn't add the degrees of warmth that most think. Loft is the main driver of warmth in a bag. More loft in a bag, warmer the bag. Adding more down to a bag with 3in sewn baffle height doesn't add more loft.

Just an FYI.. I hope you don't need the bag any time soon.. I tried to order a badger from two different dealers and was told they don't even know what the lead time is right now and WM isn't even accepting their orders right now bc they're having so many issues with production/shipping...

bradb

WKR
Looks like campsaver might have a few in stock
I didn't look at exact models

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
If you want to keep the lights on on this site, use a site sponsor. Several to choose from. Or you can support the granolas. Overfill cuts down on dead spots in the down from migration and extends the life of the down, but doesn't add the degrees of warmth that most think. Loft is the main driver of warmth in a bag. More loft in a bag, warmer the bag. Adding more down to a bag with 3in sewn baffle height doesn't add more loft.
WM are continuous baffle and you can move the overfill to potential cold spots, or areas you get cold easier. They are great bags with or without overfill. WM by definition is a San Francisco Bay Area granola company so calm down.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Hermits hut lists the temperature rating changes with overfill. Are they lying about the added down improving warmth or is it possible that you have been misinformed?

Last edited:

cams

FNG
Gohunt has some WM sleeping bags. They’re having double points for insiders. Or just use the 10% off code RANDY if your not an insider. Plus they give free shipping.