Planning a first elk hunt

Howdy all I've been lurking here for a bit. Me and a few friends are just decided we would try our luck on a otc elk hunt in Colorado for 2018. We all live in Missouri and hunt whitetail gang anything else we can. Non of us have any gear yet such as packs, shelters, etc starting from square one. I'm looking forward to putting everything together to be able to do a backpack hunt every year. Any and all advice for this newbie would be much appreciated.
I have a plan on gear , been reading about stone glacier packs and I believe I will go that route.
I'm planning on a tigoat vertex 5 tip.probably a stove to put in it. A nice 0 degree bag of which I have not decided yet. I've been reading a lot on clothes as I am lost. Currently I only have t walk a few hundred yards to my stable I hunt in farthest b e ing half mile. So I have my carhart bibs and other heavy coat that I wear most the time while hunting. Works ok for what I do here in mo would be very nice to upgrade all my hunting time g clothes aswell. Looks like there are a lot of choices out there.
There will be 4 of us trying our best. And we are all looking forward to learn as much as we can to prepare for our first time.

gabenzeke

WKR
Gritty bowmen has a lot of podcasts that would give you a lot of info to start. That's where I started.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

gabenzeke

WKR
BTW, welcome to your new addiction. My first hunt was last year and I'm obsessed. Don't think a guy could beat this out of me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You've got time on your side. Watch classifieds on here for some good deals.
Buy the best gear within your budget and plan on upgrading based on your experience using that gear. I've been doing this 6 years now and have upgraded almost all of my gear - or just simply tried other versions of an item (e.g., tent vs. hammock/tarp). The items I've been most disappointed in doing incremental upgrades on instead of going right to the top end are boots and a pack. I'm still trying to figure out rain gear, and I'm afraid I might have to go top-shelf there too.
Lots of good material on here, learn to use the search function and keep asking questions.