Plantar Fasciitis

Well I've had Plantar for 14 months so far. I've seen two diff Podiatrists. The last one prescribed custom orthotics which I wear in every shoe that touches my feet. He also prescribed a night splint that stretches it out. He gave me 2 cortisone shots (which only helped me 2 weeks from the shot). He gave me a sheet of paper detailing numerous exercises that will help.

I think part of the reason I've had it for so long is I waited almost 5 months before going to see the doctor because my wife had had plantar a few years ago and I knew that's what I had but didn't think the doctor could help much.

If your smart you'll go to the doctor ASAP. All the advice on the Internet is well meant, including mine but if it hurts half as bad as mine hurts you'll go get professional help. Mike

Drelk

FNG
I've been battling pf since January. Started as a chronic thing from running in worn out shoes. I have since had two episodes where I tore/ripped the fascia. The two events where definitely acute episodes, excruciating pain. I have a pretty good acquaintance who is a podiatrist. He offered the cortisone shots and he has already placed me in a semi custom orthotic. So my question is, will the cortisone help provide some relief and aid the healing, or is it not necessary. Archery elk season is less than four months away and need to get back in the saddle

Drelk

FNG
Got the cortisone shot on Wednesday. So far so good. It was numb for a couple of hours then pretty sore that night. Iced it before bed. Then walked pain free all day for the first time in 4+ months. Hope it lasts and speeds up the healing process

OP
Brandon Pattison
I got my shot last night. Hurt like a rolling pin with spikes on my nuts. :) That was funny. The ONLY worse pain was sciatica. I thought the needle went through my foot and out the other side and squirted on the floor. I thought she would have to redo the injection, seriously. I wore a brace last night for the first time and it took me 2-3 hours to fall asleep. I took 4 ibuprofen today and can walk now without a limp. I got some new Hoffman Lineman Hiker boots because I have to to have steel toed boots for work. So far so good. The hoof doctor chick told me I could run in a week. WooHoo! NOTHING pisses me off more than getting out of shape.

BrentC

FNG
well went to the doc the other day and good news for me i dont have PF, but i do have achilles tendonitis which i guess is bad news. Basically he just showed me a few streches to do after any activity or at the end of the day and it will eventually stop hurting all the time.

Chad R

FNG
It took me a year to fully recover from plantar fasciitis. My issues began in February of 2011. I didn’t know the cause of the pain so I continued my running workouts. Typically, after a few minutes of running most of the pain would go away, but later in the day my feet would stiffen up and walking would be painful. Things continued to get worse until I figured out what the problem was. I stopped running for a week or two and things improved. I then tried easing back into running workouts but the pain quickly returned. I went through this cycle a number of times before I realized that this was not going to work (which was a bummer because I drew a sheep tag last year). From June through hunting season I hiked in the mountains on a couple evenings per week after work and the weekends. I found that stretching and orthotics with aggressive arch support helped a lot as did soft heel pads. By this spring I was totally pain free and I have started running again with no pain.

I had p.f. from boot camp which sucked because you cant just "take it easy". The stretches the doc gives you will give you the most benefit but do them all the time. Anytime you have a free moment do them