Please! Any coupons for Kuiu, Stone Glacier and/or Exo Mountain?

I want to get a better pack for this year and would like one of these. I want to try them which means I'll have to order all of them. If you think that's too much trouble, try driving to all three warehouse :).

Please can anybody share a coupon code?

Kifaru could be an option, but I doubt there is a good coupon out there that will make it affordable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skip kuiu. I haven't had the best experiences with their packs. If you join elk 101 I think you get 10 percent off of exo.
If you are military or a vet kifaru usually gives a generous discount.

If you can buy those three, find the way to try the Kifaru too. You might not choose it but, how in the world could it not be affordable if you are about to spend $1800 on trying three other brands? FWIW, expect to wait on the EXO for a while. Kifaru, you'll have in a couple weeks. SG I hear is shipping quickly too. KUIU isn't even stocked up on their packs yet last I heard. God Bless

OP
E
Skip kuiu. I haven't had the best experiences with their packs. If you join elk 101 I think you get 10 percent off of exo.
If you are military or a vet kifaru usually gives a generous discount.

Thank you for sharing. It seems there are a whole lot of mixed feelings about this pack. I am upgrading from a Tenzing. I am sure all will be an improvement.

OP
E
If you can buy those three, find the way to try the Kifaru too. You might not choose it but, how in the world could it not be affordable if you are about to spend $1800 on trying three other brands? FWIW, expect to wait on the EXO for a while. Kifaru, you'll have in a couple weeks. SG I hear is shipping quickly too. KUIU isn't even stocked up on their packs yet last I heard. God Bless

I will order, try and return the ones I didn't like. So at the end of the day, keeping an Exo mountain will be probably about $200 less than Kifaru. Exo is already over my $500 budget, Kifaru would give my wife a ticket to kick me out of the house ;-).

We are a young recently married couple.

Just buy the kifaru used off the forum. They have an insane resale value.

lkwoolsey

WKR
So, I love Kuiu clothing....not a fan of their packs. Yes, Kifaru gives a good discount for military and vets. Just email them if it applies.
I have tried a big chunk of packs out there and, guess what? I now own and use a Kifaru pack exclusively. (Duplex hunting frame, EMR II with grab it, couple side pouches and a XTL lid) Best pack out there, great quality, very comfortable, and VERY well thought out. I've used it for work (military) for hunting, and for long family backpacking trips. Honestly, save the money, and get a Kifaru. You can get good used ones on here too. Much better. I've used a lot of packs, and Kifaru will be my only choice.

I will order, try and return the ones I didn't like. So at the end of the day, keeping an Exo mountain will be probably about $200 less than Kifaru. Exo is already over my $500 budget, Kifaru would give my wife a ticket to kick me out of the house ;-).

We are a young recently married couple.

I understand. What I was trying to get you to understand is that in order to have all three of the ones you listed at the same time for comparison, you are going to have $1800 floating out there and it will be out there until early fall late summer due to back logs of orders for EXO and KUIU not even having their packs in yet.

You might like the EXO better. You might end up preferring the SG. Who knows? But, you are going to have the same in a SG as you will a Kifaru. Much more in a SG if you buy a used Kifaru. SG are a newer brand and they simply do not have the number of owners that flip their merchandise like Kifaru does. So, you aren't likely to find one used.

One more thing. Don't do like I and most here did. Buy something you don't want in the name of money. It ends up costing much more.

OP
E
I understand. What I was trying to get you to understand is that in order to have all three of the ones you listed at the same time for comparison, you are going to have $1800 floating out there and it will be out there until early fall late summer due to back logs of orders for EXO and KUIU not even having their packs in yet.

You might like the EXO better. You might end up preferring the SG. Who knows? But, you are going to have the same in a SG as you will a Kifaru. Much more in a SG if you buy a used Kifaru. SG are a newer brand and they simply do not have the number of owners that flip their merchandise like Kifaru does. So, you aren't likely to find one used.

One more thing. Don't do like I and most here did. Buy something you don't want in the name of money. It ends up costing much more.

Thank you for your recommendations. I am going to figure out how to go with SG or Kifaru, instead of the other options, even if it means buying just the frame and buying a Jesper used bag that until I can save for the bags I want.

When it comes to the frame. What is your opinion on a Kifaru frame? Getting a used older one for just $100 cheaper than a new duplex frame or going with the new one off Kifaru?

Weekender

WKR

SG don't get flipped because most are extremely happy with fit, finish, and bag layout. Bag design and bulk seem to be kifaru weak point for average hunter. Kifaru earns its money as a heavy hauler and military style pals systems.

As for kuiu great value in getting one on sale. Flipping it you can generally get close to your cash back for when you can afford or choose to wrap your brain around spending twice as much.

Good luck on search and no pack is worth spending nights on the couch

The Kifaru pack is the most comfortable and durable pack system I have ever seen, and I have hiked, camped and mountaineered for decades. The Kifaru is really well fitted and I have one and now done with my search.

Here is what I did after my kuiu pack failed on me. I bought a used kifaru bikini frame for $175 and a kifaru high camp bag for $125. Both used off the forum. So... $300. I could happily still be using both if I didn't want the latest and greatest. It was very comfortable and much better than the kuiu pack I had previously.

OP
E
Here is what I did after my kuiu pack failed on me. I bought a used kifaru bikini frame for $175 and a kifaru high camp bag for $125. Both used off the forum. So... $300. I could happily still be using both if I didn't want the latest and greatest. It was very comfortable and much better than the kuiu pack I had previously.

That sounds like the right away to go. For now I am convinced and will go with SG or Kifaru. I started a post to see if there are any in Salt Lake City area that I can try before I decide. If Kifaru, I will most likely go with a used bag from here, but am debating about the frame. So far I have only been offered an older duplex frame (3rd owner) for $260. Do you think it'd be better to buy a new one for about $105more?

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
My advice. If you can save up and get a top tier pack, do it. If it's going to cut into your hunting in any way, gas, tags, other gear, then I recommend getting something less expensive and spending time in the mountains.

That sounds like the right away to go. For now I am convinced and will go with SG or Kifaru. I started a post to see if there are any in Salt Lake City area that I can try before I decide. If Kifaru, I will most likely go with a used bag from here, but am debating about the frame. So far I have only been offered an older duplex frame (3rd owner) for $260. Do you think it'd be better to buy a new one for about $105more?

I guess it is up to you. If you buy the new frame you will be set for a long time. I honestly loved the bikini frame because it was such a step up from anything else I had tried. Now I'm running the duplex hunter frame and other than it being heavier and a bit more comfortable (to me) there really isn't much difference.

Daniel_M

WKR
Don't expect a coupon from most of the pack builders in the US, the margin isn't really their for major deals.

1Shot Gear does however offer a Rokslide discount. My be helpful.

napeequa55

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a $25 off $250 Kuiu code you can have if interested.

OP
E
I've got a $25 off $250 Kuiu code you can have if interested.

Thanks. After further review, I think I am going to stick to the packs with better reviews: Kifaru, SG, or Exo.

ChrisC

Lil-Rokslider
Hopefully this isnt hijacking the thread, but can those who have had problems with the Kuiu packs elaborate on those problems? I bought one prior to knowing about kifaru or stone glacier and havent used it yet. Id like to know what to watch out for.