Please help me out fellow pack lovers

Buckman

WKR
I had the original T1 and sold it to a member here. So I need to get a new one . My question to you is , what are the FELT differences between the original T1 and the Bikini T1. I will prolly never carry more than 60 lbs as I'm old and broke down. I like the feel of a 1 piece pack and am worried that a bikini and bag may not be as easy to manhandle. Like clunky to move about. Can you tell handling the bikini and bag that's its a 2 piece setup.
Thanks for the help.

Lawnboi

WKR
Your more than welcome to come by and try my bikini high camp as you did the t1 before. I prefer the bikini frame to the standard t1. It feels more stable and really is not any burden when it comes to movement. My bikini frame has 24 in stays this time as we'll.

The Bikini is incredibly comfortable with light to fairly heavy loads. Only reason I would choose standard duplex is if it was a dedicated hauler.

I have an original T2 and a BT2, used them both a lot. I too like the solid feeling of a one peice pack and thus prefer my T2, but I am keeping my Bikini frame because it is so versatile in that I can throw whatever size bag on it I need... I do not dislike wearing the BT2, but I do like the T2 better. Hope that makes sense.

I have an original T2 and a BT2, used them both a lot. I too like the solid feeling of a one peice pack and thus prefer my T2, but I am keeping my Bikini frame because it is so versatile in that I can throw whatever size bag on it I need... I do not dislike wearing the BT2, but I do like the T2 better. Hope that makes sense.

I could not agree more as I too have both. I feel the exact same way. I have yet to see a pack that would cause me to replace the T2.

DaveS

Lil-Rokslider
I had a T1 and a Duplex frame (Long hunter) and sold them both. I still have a T2 and BHC and I prefer the BHC over all of the them even over the duplex with heavy loads. All of them are great packs but the Bikini frame feels more solid than the T1/T2 and more comfortable to me than the duplex. I also like the Highcamp 7000 over the T1. The main bag on the HC is bigger than the T1 and I have the option adding pockets if I want them.

I'll be selling my T2.

I had a good amount of weight in my bikini frame, and my brother had slightly more in his T1. We ended up having to switch packs cause somebodies was to heavy for them, and I liked the feel of his T1 belt better then my bikini belt. Otherwise I couldn't tell a difference except for the weight in the packs.

OR Archer

WKR
Good thing I'm in the market for a new pack this year. Sounds like I will have to wait a few months until the new stuff hits.