Pnuma Selkirk

tex0373

Lil-Rokslider
Thinking about dropping some change on the Pnuma Selkirk system and wanted to know if anyone has personal experience with that set. I’ve found threads on mainly the tenacity pants and waypoint. It appears the main difference with waypoint is that the Selkirk is completely waterproof. I live in South MS and we can experience temps in the 20s during deer season. Make a couple duck hunts a year that can be pretty chilly. Also (lord willing) plan on taking trips elk hunting in September and October out west (two times so far). Think I have plenty of gear for September elk but I got pretty chilly in October cause my whitetail gear doesn’t really work for walking miles.

Anyone shed some light? A lot of change to drop but I’ve had the gear I’ve got right now for 10 years plus so if it lasts it will be worth it. They also have tall sizes which are of great interest to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

EZDoesit

FNG
I can’t help you directly with the Selkirk. Only thing I’ve heard is the material attracts stickers, etc. but gets good reviews for warmth and waterproofness. I do own a few of their other items though. If it helps for comparison, the waypoint is built with outstanding quality. Only con is the sleeves at the wrist too tight. Makes it a pain to put on/take off. Maybe a tad too large in the torso but one can layer up nicely because of it. Plenty long as well.

EZ.

amerimono

FNG
Run the other way...quickly
Ill pm you this evening
I'd be interested to hear why run the other way. I'm considering the same gear. Only reason I don't have the gear already is because pnuma is very slow to restock my size.

Elkangle

WKR
I only have experience with the pants....agree with the above about looking elsewhere. Was really disappointed in construction...reminded me of the old mad dog style rain gear, I sent them back

I do like the tenacity pants,and the merino is decent...then I have the soft shell stuff and it's just okay...very windproof but heavy

Thinking about dropping some change on the Pnuma Selkirk system and wanted to know if anyone has personal experience with that set. I’ve found threads on mainly the tenacity pants and waypoint. It appears the main difference with waypoint is that the Selkirk is completely waterproof. I live in South MS and we can experience temps in the 20s during deer season. Make a couple duck hunts a year that can be pretty chilly. Also (lord willing) plan on taking trips elk hunting in September and October out west (two times so far). Think I have plenty of gear for September elk but I got pretty chilly in October cause my whitetail gear doesn’t really work for walking miles.

Anyone shed some light? A lot of change to drop but I’ve had the gear I’ve got right now for 10 years plus so if it lasts it will be worth it. They also have tall sizes which are of great interest to me.

Curious on what you decided to go with? We have used and loved Pnuma for a few years and have had great luck with all of their gear but would love to hear what people don't like about it as well???

OP
T

tex0373

Lil-Rokslider
Curious on what you decided to go with? We have used and loved Pnuma for a few years and have had great luck with all of their gear but would love to hear what people don't like about it as well???

Actually just kept the bibs I have. Got a first lite Woodbury when they went on closeout last year and eyeing their new bibs for this deer season. I did order a pnuma solid color puffy coat and really like it. I plan on buying more from them for sure.

One nice thing is Pnuma is just being put into Scheels stores and some other places, so the ability to try them on in store will be nice!!!! Just went to Scheels yesterday in North Dakota and they were just unpacking it!

ADK_Man

FNG
Run the other way...quickly
Ill pm you this evening
Hello, I'm considering ordering a set of Selkirk..I found your commentary and wanted to see if you can PM me some intel. I'm big and tall so was liking the size offerings in Pnuma compared to Kuiu and Sitka that run small.
Thanks.

tonedover

FNG
interested in selkirk vs sitka downpour - bunch of reviews that werent big secrets on the downpour referenced sleeve moisture issues due to wicking. that has me looking for other waterproof jackets that have tree harness holes hence my interest in the selkirk