Pointing the truck east

rodney482

WKR
2023 Wy elk hunt is a wrap. We got 2 bulls and my buddy missed 4x (including a huge bull yesterday).

It was a great hunt and w Wy being crazy to draw it might be a while before I get to return.

All my gear worked great and the phelps AMP (pink) reed was killer. I called in bulls to bow range 5 times.

**gadgets, little air pump was great for blowing up my huge BA Q core.

Aerogogo GIGA Pump 4.0​

IMG_3536.jpegIMG_3478.jpegIMG_0297.jpeg

Afhunter1

WKR
Congrats on the nice elk, sounds like an awesome trip. You got me wishing I took my son out earlier than what I am. We are headed to WY on 9/21. He has a youth Gen tag & I hope we aren't to late. Ha Ha.

T-town

FNG
Congratulations!! How did you transport your meat and head back home? CWD rules for some states can make it an ordeal sometimes.

Scoot

WKR
Bull fever…… we had 8 more days to hunt but after miss #4 he said he was done.
Holy cow! Never, ever in a million years would I bail on a trip because I had missed. Even if I shot and lost all my arrows, I'd go to the nearest town and buy more to keep hunting!!!

OP
rodney482

rodney482

WKR
Congratulations!! How did you transport your meat and head back home? CWD rules for some states can make it an ordeal sometimes.
165 qt Grizzly cooler. 1/4’s were froze prior to leaving.
Cut the rack off, not doing a mount.

OP
rodney482

rodney482

WKR
Holy cow! Never, ever in a million years would I bail on a trip because I had missed. Even if I shot and lost all my arrows, I'd go to the nearest town and buy more to keep hunting!!!
Did my best to try to talk him into staying. He was pretty upset with himself. Shoots fine on targets, but elk rattled him.