Pop Top Camper Shell

Vandy321

WKR
They're not for everyone. Like anything else, gotta pay to play for convenience and ease of use.

Vandy321

WKR
Yeah no kidding
I wouldn't own one, if weight and strength wasn't a concern. Have cracked a fiberglass before, not to mention, they're heavy. And no price out a fiberglass topper, a rack system and now a cheaper canvas type tent, you're probably over that 7500 pricetag, depending on topper quality and you have something 1/2 as functional.

The price was a tough pill to swallow, but when I rant the numbers like that, it just made sense for my needs.

I wouldn't own one, if weight and strength wasn't a concern. Have cracked a fiberglass before, not to mention, they're heavy. And no price out a fiberglass topper, a rack system and now a cheaper canvas type tent, you're probably over that 7500 pricetag, depending on topper quality and you have something 1/2 as functional.

The price was a tough pill to swallow, but when I rant the numbers like that, it just made sense for my needs.

My truck is told old to commit that much cash.
Id have to combine it with a new truck purchase to feel like the truck will last long enough to use the camper long enough.

Cheaper option

Jmartin

FNG
Built my own and love it. Have tents for when I need them but for checking out new spots, road trips and regular camping it's pretty hard to beat.

Attachments

• PXL_20210629_203243861.jpg
    PXL_20210629_203243861.jpg
    524.8 KB · Views: 38

sneaky

"DADDY"
There's a first gen GFC on Boise Craigslist right now. In case anyone is looking

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

cod007

Lil-Rokslider
Cheaper option

That (above) seems more like the ticket.
All the fabric (tent) nonsense on the excessively overpriced canopy situations can not be fun in rainy conditions. Who wants to deal with having to put up, and take down these setups in sloppy conditions. Especially after a hard day hunting or hiking. I’ve lived for months in the back of the full sized pickup with just the aluminum canopy on it...with the wife, too. We’ve had foam pads and/or mattress in there at times and try to keep a heavier, easily washable blanket on top. All gear goes right on top of bed till sleep time. Then it either goes under the truck or in the cab, situation dependent. What could be easier?