Post Covid Brain Fog

Pikespeak

Lil-Rokslider
Wife and I finally got Covid 6 weeks ago. Had crazy head pressure at the acute phase that has improved but stabilized as really bad brain fog for 5 weeks. Wife's seems to be more dizziness than brain fog. I had dizziness the first couple weeks but that went away. Anyone else get this, did it eventually go away? Have to use my brain for work and this is becoming concerning.

MattB

WKR
I likely got COVID in Oct. ‘20 and had the brain fog. Mine resolved after ~2 weeks.

A few months later a friend lost his sense of smell (presumably from COVID although he had no other symptoms) and he still has not gotten it back.

It seems like the resolution to its side effects are highly variable. Good luck to your wife and you in getting back to normal.

Still have this from time to time. Never got tested, but know I had it. Too much info shared now on what symptoms and the aftermath is like to think it was anything different.

OP
P

Pikespeak

Lil-Rokslider
Still have this from time to time. Never got tested, but know I had it. Too much info shared now on what symptoms and the aftermath is like to think it was anything different.
How long did it stick around consistently? I think I have brain fog 70% of the time right now

I had Covid in 2021 and did have brain fog for a bit. It was like i couldn’t find words even though i knew what i wanted to say i couldn’t get them out. I don’t recall how long that lasted but it did go away.

What has remained, even now, is Small Fiber Neuropathy, basically burning pain in my fingertips. This developed about 5 months after i had it and has plagued me since so watch out for stuff like that. Those in Govt responsible for this stuff should be in prison instead of buying third homes.

OP
P

Pikespeak

Lil-Rokslider
I had Covid in 2021 and did have brain fog for a bit. It was like i couldn’t find words even though i knew what i wanted to say i couldn’t get them out. I don’t recall how long that lasted but it did go away.

What has remained, even now, is Small Fiber Neuropathy, basically burning pain in my fingertips. This developed about 5 months after i had it and has plagued me since so watch out for stuff like that. Those in Govt responsible for this stuff should be in prison instead of buying third homes.
Humm mine is more of a very tangible heavy feeling in my head.

hunterjmj

WKR
Got it 3 times. First time I had a permanent headache for about 3 days. Never got the brain fog though. The other times just seemed like a minor flu. Worked for the gov at the time so I was tested a bunch. Never got the vax.

OP
P

Pikespeak

Lil-Rokslider
Got it 3 times. First time I had a permanent headache for about 3 days. Never got the brain fog though. The other times just seemed like a minor flu. Worked for the gov at the time so I was tested a bunch. Never got the vax.
Yea I had a crazy headache when I was in the normal sick stage, bending over would make my head feel like it was going to explode. Headaches lasted about a week off and on after I felt better otherwise but went away.

Yarak

WKR
Had it 3 times
First two times were no more than minor cold symptoms but the third time really put me down for a while
Ive always taken supplements but nothing I was currently taking helped with the fog
I started taking "methylene blue" and after about a week and a half the fog was gone though I must admit it did give me a higher sense of aggression
I took this for about a month to be sure I was clear of all symptoms

I was a bit foggy the first time I got it. It cleared up. I had some other lingering issues - leg pain and blood pressure spikes - and I am convinced my lungs aren’t back to where they were. Be careful and watch it. Maybe talk to your doc about what could be done. You may have some lingering inflammation.

I don’t want to start a political shit fit, but I feel like the whole issue is so charged that you can’t have a thoughtful discussion about it and that has kept people with lingering symptoms from getting good help, among other things.