Post Covid Brain Fog

Wrench

WKR
Ivermectin is cheap enough with no side effects and has been very effective for enough people to merit the effort.

I've had it 4x used Ivermectin every time and never had more than a hangover for one day from it.

Ivermectin is cheap enough with no side effects and has been very effective for enough people to merit the effort.

I've had it 4x used Ivermectin every time and never had more than a hangover for one day from it.
This^^^. My wife and I both hopped on ivermectin when we got it and I believe that is one the reasons we got over it so quickly.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Based on this small sampling of folks here who got covid, it seems to confirm my original thoughts about covid, the panic, damage to the economy, and to schools age kids, was worst then the virus.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
i have post turning 50 brain fog....
I thought that was just it.......but mine has gotten back to normal now so perhaps mine was Covid induced.

At one point I felt like Homer........."You know Marge, uhhhhh......that metal thingy......uhhhh......used to......uhhh......dig food". Marge, "you mean a spoon, Homey"? "Ya, that's it".

My only lingering side effects seem to be my taste and smell that comes and goes in bits and pieces whenever it feels like it. Sometimes I take a bite and can taste, the next bite it's gone. And I've always had a really strong sense of smell, but sometimes it's like it's bionic now. I'm smelling stuff from three counties away.

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
COVID and the more than 1.1 million Americans who died from it (and the real number is much higher), is/was real. Denial does not change fact. I deal with disease reporting in public health every day.

I had COVID in May of 2022 and three miserable days of headaches and alternating hot/cold. Brain fog, to some extent, I think lingers today. I have had all vaccines and boosters and I am certain it would have been worse had I not had those. Nothing is 100% sure but with my other health issues and age, 54, it could have been a lot worse for me without the shots My fibromyalgia is worsened in the last year but it has also worsened in the last three years so it is hard to quantify what impact COVID had on my body. I attribute some brain fog to it but a dull, metallic taste lingers now and then and a dry cough seems to come and go for weeks at a time.

I also haven't slept well in years and started on a CPAP seven weeks ago which is beginning to show signs of improvement and hopefully improves more body health.

I thought that was just it.......but mine has gotten back to normal now so perhaps mine was Covid induced.

At one point I felt like Homer........."You know Marge, uhhhhh......that metal thingy......uhhhh......used to......uhhh......dig food". Marge, "you mean a spoon, Homey"? "Ya, that's it".

My only lingering side effects seem to be my taste and smell that comes and goes in bits and pieces whenever it feels like it. Sometimes I take a bite and can taste, the next bite it's gone. And I've always had a really strong sense of smell, but sometimes it's like it's bionic now. I'm smelling stuff from three counties away.
I truly believe Covid increased my sense of smell too. I had it three times. My sense of smell was always plaqued by bad sinus congestion. But now I can smell things I’ve never smelled acutely.

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
^^^ That's awesome, in some ways LOL. My sense of smell seems to get better the worse my hearing has gotten and I'm about 95% deaf now in both ears. My wife hates the smell thing because I'm worse than the dog, I think, about picking up scents. Makes her crazy.

wyosteve

WKR
I think I had it, but never got tested. About 3 days of fatigue and lost smell and taste. Smell and taste came back, but I believe it also affected my hearing. My hearing is much worse now than before I had it. Makes some sense to me that if it affects the nerves that control smell and taste, then it could affect the nerves that are used for hearing as well.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
My wife hates the smell thing because I'm worse than the dog, I think, about picking up scents. Makes her crazy.
When I was a kid I'd be downstairs in my bedroom and suddenly I'd be yelling "hey, mom......you just put on hair spray". She'd yell back "there is no way you're smelling my hair spray, I barely even sprayed anything and I just did it". Comes in handy while elk hunting. If I'm downwind of them, I smell them. I once spent 45 minutes sneaking in on a bull I smelled, and several hundred yards later it turned out to be a wallow. A third of a mile from the truck by GPS and I'm smelling cigarette smoke. Get to the truck and there's a guy standing next to his truck smoking.

ODB

WKR
I’m amazed to hear people just getting Covid for the first time after 3+ years now. Crazy.

Not sure I had true brain fog when I had it (maybe twice.). Never had a headache or anything, my symptoms seemed mostly in my chest. Same for my wife and kid.

I did feel “off” for a few days, maybe a week, but can’t say it was any different than a decent flu though.

What confuses me most is the fact that while my wife worked in the Covid ward wearing reused surgical (non-n-95) masks, day after day for the first 6 months of the pandemic, none of us got sick. It was only after two years, now wearing n-95s, glasses, and after getting vaccinated did she get it from another person equally as ‘protected’ then brought it home. Strange stuff.

OP
P

Pikespeak

Lil-Rokslider

How long was it until you got your brain back?

Patton

Lil-Rokslider
Had a close friend who had ‘long term Covid’ with major brain fog and even a little depression. He was able to finally, and quickly, boot it by taking ivermectin pills.

OP
P

Pikespeak

Lil-Rokslider
I’m amazed to hear people just getting Covid for the first time after 3+ years now. Crazy.

Not sure I had true brain fog when I had it (maybe twice.). Never had a headache or anything, my symptoms seemed mostly in my chest. Same for my wife and kid.

I did feel “off” for a few days, maybe a week, but can’t say it was any different than a decent flu though.

What confuses me most is the fact that while my wife worked in the Covid ward wearing reused surgical (non-n-95) masks, day after day for the first 6 months of the pandemic, none of us got sick. It was only after two years, now wearing n-95s, glasses, and after getting vaccinated did she get it from another person equally as ‘protected’ then brought it home. Strange stuff.
Well, I may have had it once previously. My whole family got it over last Xmas but I didn’t. Like you I just had a few days of feeling like I might be coming down with a cold that never developed.

Reactions: ODB
OP
P

Pikespeak

Lil-Rokslider
Had a close friend who had ‘long term Covid’ with major brain fog and even a little depression. He was able to finally, and quickly, boot it by taking ivermectin pills.
Thanks, I’ll look into that. Seems to be a common theme.

OP
P

Pikespeak

Lil-Rokslider

How do you get a Dr to prescribe it?

Strange stuff indeed. I had it twice in '22. My girls brought it home at least 3 times prior to that and I never caught it. The first time was in January. I felt pretty good but had to stay home from work for 5 days so the dog and I had a stellar close to chukar season. The second time I knew I was going to get it. I was stuck in the Sitka airport with 160+ people in a 20'x20' room for an hour waiting for a plane. Both times, I felt a little puny for a day and was fine after that. On the hill chukar hunting, I did cough up some booner loogies!

Reactions: ODB