• IMG_2818.jpg
    IMG_2818.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2832.jpg
    IMG_2832.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 29

robtattoo

WKR
The hard part of training a bloodhound: Teaching her to read.

20141117_221740.jpg
That was 8 years ago & now I'm left with a 90 pound psychopath & her little instigator.

Peggy-Sue, the bloodhound & Bandy the 'probably-a-pointer-but-is-actually-a-Jack-Russel-mix'

FB_IMG_1659183903470.jpg

Occasionally, they phase shift.....
FB_IMG_1678587520136.jpg

OP
Muskykris

Muskykris

Lil-Rokslider
He was as turn key as any dog I’ve had. He came from a long line of law enforcement and deer trackers. I did super minimal training with him, small tracks in the back yard with deer parts as a small pup. His first real track was such an eye opener, trust the dog more than the shooter. Shooter was telling me the deer went 180 degrees from where the dog was pulling we did a few big circles and dog kept going the same direction as the shooter was telling me the dog is wrong. I trusted the dog and another 150 yards we were back on blood and about 300 more we found him. The shooter went the direction “he went” and got lost. I called him and said I found the buck and he said how is that possible he didn’t go that way. The dog keys in on the individual deer, he’ll pass over 10 beds then find the wound bed of the deer he’s tracking. I’ve been learning so much on what deer do when they are wounded.
Man this has me excited, I’m glad I saved a bunch of legs last fall and froze em.

I can tell he’s got a great nose on him, be pretty cool to help the locals out with a lost deer

Man this has me excited, I’m glad I saved a bunch of legs last fall and froze em.

I can tell he’s got a great nose on him, be pretty cool to help the locals out with a lost deer
It’s awesome working with him, I lost out on a bunch of hunting time for tracking and I don’t regret it at all. I actually tracked a buck for the manager of the best hunting property around and he got me permission on it. That tracking book pictured above is great. I read it when he was a pup and forgot most but when I was tracking, situations would pop up and the light bulb would go off and I’d remember reading about it.

Good looking pup, how is he with the little one? Ours doesn’t realize how big he is and kinda tramples my 4 year old son who’s always zipping around the house a hundred miles an hour. He’s super gentle with our 7 month old baby and six year old daughter. He’s best friends with the mailman when he’s outside but for some reason last Friday when he walked to the door he jumped 1/2 way through the window after him. I was holding the baby right next to him and I think he went into protective mode or something. He’s done it with strangers walking up to my wife when she has the baby in the carrier, his hackles stand up and growls. He’s getting fixed in a few weeks.
EA267303-0542-4A15-AE57-5C82009D9E09.jpeg