Proof Elevation Feedback?

jsb04

FNG
So I’ve been really considering purchasing a Proof Elevation rifle, maybe in 300 win mag but haven’t decided yet. Any feedback on these rifles? The good? The bad? I don’t want to start another custom build right now as I currently already have one in the works. Any feedback/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sevens

WKR
They’re awesome lightweight rifles. Origin action, proof barrel, Hawkins BM, Triggertech trigger. If you can get a good deal on one, it’s cheaper than assembling your own.

I had a chance to shoot one at the range a couple times and really liked everything about it. Proof listed them in 7MM-08 for awhile but I never could find one or order one so I ended up building basically a "faux Elevation" x2. Mine both are built on a Defiance Rebel action & Bartlein CF barrel but weight wise pretty close to what Proof lists. On their website they list them as 5 lbs 14 ozs to 6 lbs 8 ozs which is likely the magnum weight??

I never weighed just the rifle but figure its pretty close to 6 lbs +/- a couple ozs if you take off the weight of the scope which is 20 ozs and the Talley Lwt's are 3 ozs??

OP
J

jsb04

FNG
I had a chance to shoot one at the range a couple times and really liked everything about it. Proof listed them in 7MM-08 for awhile but I never could find one or order one so I ended up building basically a "faux Elevation" x2. Mine both are built on a Defiance Rebel action & Bartlein CF barrel but weight wise pretty close to what Proof lists. On their website they list them as 5 lbs 14 ozs to 6 lbs 8 ozs which is likely the magnum weight??

I never weighed just the rifle but figure its pretty close to 6 lbs +/- a couple ozs if you take off the weight of the scope which is 20 ozs and the Talley Lwt's are 3 ozs??
An Elevation in 7mm-08 would honestly be perfect. It’s a shame they didn’t ever end up producing that, I wouldn’t need anything convincing to purchase one. One in 7mm-08 would be perfect for me. What twist did you go with?

An Elevation in 7mm-08 would honestly be perfect. It’s a shame they didn’t ever end up producing that, I wouldn’t need anything convincing to purchase one. One in 7mm-08 would be perfect for me. What twist did you go with?
I went with Bart #4 CF wrapped barrels, both are 1-8.5" twist. I mostly shoot 120 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips which work great for the stuff I hunt. Really happy with both rifles - really like the Proof stock which I don't think you get get anymore unless you buy the rifle but they do come up for sale on occasion. Just a great stock for a lightweight hunting rig IMHO.

The Twins:) Both now have the same NF Compact on them.

I bought one for my dad. I got it from Paul at Evolved Ballistics since they were in stock and I had a great experience building my Proof Glacier with Paul. I sent him a box of the ammo that my dad wanted to shoot, 200gr ELDX, and it arrived a few weeks later shooting under their 1/2 MOA guarantee. Great rifle, definitely not as light as the Glacier, but super accurate.

OP
J

jsb04

FNG
I went with Bart #4 CF wrapped barrels, both are 1-8.5" twist. I mostly shoot 120 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips which work great for the stuff I hunt. Really happy with both rifles - really like the Proof stock which I don't think you get get anymore unless you buy the rifle but they do come up for sale on occasion. Just a great stock for a lightweight hunting rig IMHO.

The Twins:) Both now have the same NF Compact on them.
Two great looking rifles! Makes me want to build a 7-08 now, I’ve always liked the round. Might have to get another build queued up after all!

Oddly enough, I emailed Proof to ask about stock availability a few days back. According to the response I received they are working towards offering them in the future so we shall see.

OP
J

jsb04

FNG
I bought one for my dad. I got it from Paul at Evolved Ballistics since they were in stock and I had a great experience building my Proof Glacier with Paul. I sent him a box of the ammo that my dad wanted to shoot, 200gr ELDX, and it arrived a few weeks later shooting under their 1/2 MOA guarantee. Great rifle, definitely not as light as the Glacier, but super accurate.
That’s great! In your opinion is there enough difference between the Elevation and Glacier to warrant stepping up to the Glacier?

7LRM

Lil-Rokslider
I had one and I have complain about, it is a good one for that price. it is a custom rifle for a factory price, go get it man!

AC Kantor

FNG
Paul is amazing! Highly recommend Paul.