Proper anchor point

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Am I the only one that doesn't have my string touching my face or nose? I'm a descent shot and have no problem with consistency just wondering if I should change things up or not since my anchor point came natural I stayed with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I don't touch my nose to the string. It has a lot to with the ATA of your bow and string angle. For me to touch my nose to the string I have to lean my head into the string. I would rather keep my head upright. If what you are doing feels right then don't mess with it.

Where you anchor really doesn't matter as long as it is consistent and allows you to have you peep at a reasonable height.

Agreed. On short ATA bows, my nose does not touch the string. I use a thumb release and I use my jaw bone as my anchor point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I touch my nose but prefer longer ATA bows so it's not a stretch and feels perfect. Other than my just barely touching my nose, I try not to impart any other force on the string like from touching my cheek.

With all the new short bows out there, I'm pretty sure most guys these days don't touch the string to their nose. I shoot a 38" ATA bow and still touch the string to my nose. If I had to, I'd probably still lean my head to touch my nose even with a short bow. Would feel really odd at full draw without the string there.

Back