PSA... Optics Planet

sneaky

"DADDY"
I think they just drop ship from manufacturers. I used to stop in to Campsaver a couple times a week, once they got bought out by OP everything changed from what it used to be. They used to have some killer sales all the time, now it's a couple per year but nothing like it once was.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I too am trapped with optics planet. Bought a couple AR barrels that were in stock to only get notified after purchase that they were backordered 3-4 weeks. Got one last week and it was the wrong barrel. Was like pulling teeth to get a RMA. Now I am waiting 3-4 weeks for the barrel again. After these transactions are done I am too.

OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
Anyone that hasn’t been refunded do they send the item back to you? Seems like it would be theft if you send it back to them and they don’t give you the money or item back regardless of condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In this case they did not, they said it was in such bad condition they threw it away yet wouldn’t tell him anything about why or what was wrong, it was their return shipping and prepaid shipping label so if damaged they should of had a claim.

It really was weird, his credit card company refunded his money already.

I am convinced OP sells “used products” that are marketed as being “NIB”. I ordered a Mepro RDS way back the first of November. Took 7 weeks to deliver. When I opened the shipping box the Mepro box had clearly been used/opened before. I opened it up to find the RDS had marring on the bottom of the mounts indicating it had been mounted/used prior. I tried to cycle through the illumination options and it simply was not functional. The RDS has not only been used, but it was broken. They did allow me to return the item and gave me a refund within a relatively quick turnaround time but acted as if I was some dumb whitted twit on the phone. Optics Planet will never see a dime from me again. If I want used nonfunctional crap I’ll go to the army surplus store. At least their stuff may still be functional even though used.

CorbLand

WKR
In this case they did not, they said it was in such bad condition they threw it away yet wouldn’t tell him anything about why or what was wrong, it was their return shipping and prepaid shipping label so if damaged they should of had a claim.

It really was weird, his credit card company refunded his money already.
I dont see how they could do that and it not be considered theft. Where are the lawyers at on this site?

Yotekiller

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered a set of dies said to be in stock early December. Still haven't received them. After reading this I'm going to cancel the order.

NGlass65D

FNG
Glad to see this thread, I was about to order a criterion barrel from them, but I’ll look elsewhere.

big44a4

WKR
I've tried ordering from them twice, and cancelled my order after what I think was a fair period of time (2 weeks) without a shipping confirmation.

Yup. Had an order there for item they said was in stock then kept pushing back and back with no confirmation so cancelled it.

Yup. Had an order there for item they said was in stock then kept pushing back and back with no confirmation so cancelled it.

Yeah I didn't know that they sold items that they didn't necessarily have in stock. Weird business practice, but I know to avoid them now. Some lessons are to be learned the hard way lol

bowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
They pulled a bait and switch on a mystery ranch pack last year, pictures, description, sizing, weight, everything showed it was the guide lite mt version of the pack. Showed up and it was the year previous model. Belt sizing was completely off.

They just said tough luck.

Ycc33

FNG
Lots of complaints about OP. The two transactions I attempted went bad as well. They need to stop advertising gear they simply do not have.
I agree with that, I have tried to buy 3 different items at different times all of which they didn't have. Which took weeks to figure out why I wasn't receiving what I ordered.

Squincher

WKR
I've ordered a few things from them and haven't any problems with the items themselves, but they don't ever seem to ship for at least 3-4 days. I can get stuff more quickly from a lot of different places.

seawolfxix

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe I’ve just been lucky, but I have 31 orders in my order history at OpticsPlanet and never had a major issue.

Their prices are pretty attractive when they have coupons for 10% off.

MCSO1357

FNG
Camerland is the only way to go. Have had several great experiences with them, as well as CS Tactical and Mile High Shooting.

WestMOhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have had a dozen or so orders with OP over the last couple years. I had quit going elsewhere (brownells, etc.) because returns were so hassle-free. That said I had trouble with the past 2 orders since this past Thanksgiving (1 I didn’t get someone’s Christmas gift because it was out of stock and they didn’t notify me). I’ve not used Camera Land but sounds like I need start.