PSA--Yellowstone Closed!

bowhunter307

Lil-Rokslider
We traveled up here from Arkansas. Had plans to be in Gardiner, MT at the North Entrance tonight but luckily the lady from the hotel called and told us what was going on. They are completely cut off, no way in or out. We re-routed down to Cody but it looks like we won’t make it into Yellowstone on this trip.
Sorry about your trip. Still lots to do here in and around Cody, let me know if you have any questions or need recommendations.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Ratbeetle

WKR
I was in Yellowstone this weekend. Apparently we just made it out. Camped in Canyon campground and was there for the crazy rains Saturday night. Storms rolled in around 5pm and dumped a ridiculous amount of rain.

Another round came through an hour or so later and rained hard again. Then it pretty much rained off and on all night. Not a great night for tent camping with a toddler, ha.

More rain on sunday. We packed up early and headed out the south entrance into Teton making some stops along the way. Glad we got out of there before the evacuations. Probably a zoo.

BIGEYES

FNG
My heart felt sorrow to all of you affected by the flooding. This will be a long recovery. All best wishes for you.

rclouse79

WKR
A few years ago I did a six day kayak camping trip on lake Yellowstone. Can you imagine what it would be like to do a trip like that and come back to civilization to find no one was around?

Norm555

WKR
A few years ago I did a six day kayak camping trip on lake Yellowstone. Can you imagine what it would be like to do a trip like that and come back to civilization to find no one was around?

There's a decent chance at least somebody is backpacking in Yellowstone right now without cell service and will come back to this...

I can't even imagine how crowded GTNP will be now. The wait for the Jenny Lake shuttle will be miles long.

CorbLand

WKR
There's a decent chance at least somebody is backpacking in Yellowstone right now without cell service and will come back to this...
Kind of like all the people hunting in Alaska over 9/11 and they couldn't fly for three days. Couldnt imagine just sitting there waiting for your plane to come.

svivian

WKR

watched a video of a house and truss bridge wash away. Tom Miner bridge is gone.

I don't know why, but I can't believe the house floated so well. I thought for sure it was going to sink or get completely torn apart....

This is heartbreaking. My wife and I spent a day in Yellowstone just a year ago so my memories are very vivid. Even with record-breaking crowds, the day was wonderful (and I loathe crowds).

Hopefully they will be able to rebuild quickly. The place deserves to be seen by every American.

Western states need to plan and create reservoirs to capture some of flood waters and lessen the threat to nearby communities. Here in california, the idiots in sacramento let the runoff waters just flow into the sea instead of capturing it and or diverting it to needy areas.

S.Clancy

WKR
Stillwater is a possible 500 yr event. I took the day off yesterday and drove around the Stillwater, Boulder and Upper Yellowstone, completely ludicrous.

Pro953

WKR
Western states need to plan and create reservoirs to capture some of flood waters and lessen the threat to nearby communities. Here in california, the idiots in sacramento let the runoff waters just flow into the sea instead of capturing it and or diverting it to needy areas.

Believe it or not, some of that water actually need to run to the sea. Fisheries, waterfowl and many ecosystems depend on it.

Or should we just sacrifice our pastimes so someone else can water a golf course or export almonds to Asia.

Don’t build your shit in the middle of the desert then come crying when the tap runs dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the current Dams are working out so good. Should only be a couple more years and we'll have completely killed off all of the Native Salmon in Idaho. It'll sure be nice to not have to deal with those pests anymore.

:rolleyes:

amassi

WKR
The idiots living and farming In the desert are the real problem.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk