question on spartan javelin bipod

ofl0926

WKR
Just received one of these. I noticed as i tightened the mounting plate to the rifle, it tends to slip. Any suggestions on how to prevent and secure it?
thanks

eamyrick

WKR
I tried everything-including using heavy grit skateboard tape which worked the best but if you torque it either way it will slip. (Mounted to a Tikka factory stock) When I got into an area where I would possibly jump deer I would put it on and the sling would torque it sideways. It would be really nice if you bedded the gunsmith adapter to a stock. I switched back to Harris until Spartan comes out with a fix.

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
i am trying to the link but i read somewhere that you can put some silicone on the pad and it wont slip. just cant find it now

BULLBLASTER

Lil-Rokslider
I modified the adaptor to accept another screw into the stock, and then ultimately installed a pic rail on the stock and got the spartan rail adaptor.

calico pig

Lil-Rokslider
Just received one of these. I noticed as i tightened the mounting plate to the rifle, it tends to slip. Any suggestions on how to prevent and secure it?
thanks

Same problem with mine. no amount of loctite would keep it still. Sold it and back to harris and atlas.

teamvit

Lil-Rokslider
This is good to read. I have been ready to buy one for awhile. This had made me rethink, bring on more thoughts

Last edited:

mt100gr.

WKR
I have the same issue with the universal adapter. I don't use a sling so it doesn't get twisted that way but it does move on me in spite of being farmer tight on the stock.

The other issue I have and am wondering if others do as well, is the slop in the connection of the bipod to the adapter. It wobbles slightly so i find myself locking down the cant and then preloading to one side (twisting to the side) to take up that slack. The fit is tight enough that a wrap of tenacious tape is to much and loose enough to wobble enough to be annoying.

I was unhappy with how the magnets were so weak. So I made a shim to put under the screw head to get more bite on the magnet. Then I had one of the locking mechanisms break off in the tube. Spartan sent me a second one, that one had really stiff leg adjustments. So I Frankensteined parts and came up with one bipod I’m happy with. Had the same issue with the adapter coming loose so I drilled out a hole and ran a wood screw threw it. It’s not gonna budge now. In hindsight $300 was way too much for all that BS

Really surprised at all the negative comments. Mine has been rock solid so far. I have adapters on 3 rifles. A cooper, Savage Model 11 and win model 70 featherweight wood stock. None move on me. Do your adapters have the interchangeable rubber shims to match the stock? Mine has no slip and the magnet seems pretty strong. Long legs interchange pretty well and tighten down nice. I actually can get more stable a lot of the time than I can with an H shaped bag and rear shot bag with sand on a concrete bench.

tdhanses

WKR
Really surprised at all the negative comments. Mine has been rock solid so far. I have adapters on 3 rifles. A cooper, Savage Model 11 and win model 70 featherweight wood stock. None move on me. Do your adapters have the interchangeable rubber shims to match the stock? Mine has no slip and the magnet seems pretty strong. Long legs interchange pretty well and tighten down nice. I actually can get more stable a lot of the time than I can with an H shaped bag and rear shot bag with sand on a concrete bench.

Same here, it all I use anymore and have put 100’s of rounds on it without issue. I did remove the little red tabs in the legs as it would hang up when switching to the long legs from the standard.

BULLBLASTER

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the bipod and think it is the best option for a lightweight hunting bipod. The pic rail adaptor is rock solid.

dv808

FNG
Same here. One of the 3 rubber adapters matches the curve of my tikka stock perfectly. Nice and tight!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The javelin bi-pod is easily the most disappointing gimmick I’ve dropped $$$ over the past few years.

Last edited:

JP100

WKR
Easy fix is get a Harris....

Glad Im not the only one who was a little deflated after using one in the field.

A harris is worth the weight
Javelin just seems like a bit overrated to me.

eamyrick

WKR
It’s the mount. Definetly seems rok solid until you carry it slung for 10 miles a day. I never made it to lunch without it loosening up on my Tikka.