Raise your hand if you did not get an elk this season

Count me in. We had 4 days to hunt, located the herd on day 3, did the old bump n run and got to 475 with no cover between us and them. Fired twice and missed clean both times. Warning shots. Elk hightailed it out of there and we couldn’t turn them up on day 4. My buddy who was a first time hunter had an absolute blast and is totally hooked. I’d still call it a success and a great trip.

4rcgoat

WKR
🖖 count me in. Passed up a couple small 5x5s the first week of archery which came back to bite me. Was into lots of elk,and lots of wind that burned me a few times.

Fullfan

WKR
🤚 And not because I was not close on several occasions. Hunted w my son, and he is always the designated shooter. Would rather see him kill , than me.

Attachments

• 911638B9-838B-44B8-AFE7-F14681CFC76A.jpeg
    911638B9-838B-44B8-AFE7-F14681CFC76A.jpeg
    438 KB · Views: 72

First time CO OTC and did a 6 day backpack hunt in a unit that was WAY too steep for my dog shit fitness level. I saw only one bull, a damn good looking 6x6....on the way home running through 6 lanes of traffic's in the middle of CO Springs . Didn't come off the mountain early, found lots of sign, and found some good mule deer spots for '22 so I'm calling it a win. Hitting the diet and the gym hard. I'm going to drag one off that mountain or die trying.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

DCT1983

Lil-Rokslider
I didn’t get an elk or even the chance to hunt. Yet another year of no tag. I want to move west so bad.

eldeuce

Lil-Rokslider
✋
Did have a GREAT time with my adult son in a completely new area to me, Western Colorado, where I will likely return! Always worth it, regardless of the "result". Next year though should be a real winner; cashing in 17 years worth of PP. I suspect success AND fun!

TSnave

FNG
None here. On the one hand, no meat in the freezer. On the other, I had a good time looking at a lot of country and have a better plan for next year.

Tx270WT

FNG
CO 2nd rifle full season plus scouting days, no shots, but buddy’s dad shot a 6x6 100 yards from camp. Can’t overlook the role luck plays