RBG dead at 87!

ODB

WKR
Prepare for every political a$$hat to reverse their course from 2016.
“The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president,” McConnell in Feb 2016.

Let’s see if any of them have a shred of integrity.

Yes. Pat Leahy and Harry Reid (at least) said they should nominate to fill the vacancy in 2016. Everyone will flip. It’s called politics - and it ain’t new.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see all the closet posters pushed out of the dark to start thier favorite political posting.

Please consider just turning around now and closing the door behind you, trust me you won't be missed.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I see all the closet posters pushed out of the dark to start thier favorite political posting.

Please consider just turning around now and closing the door behind you, trust me you won't be missed.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
You're right...discussions about backpack accessories are so much more consequential to our daily lives....lol

TheGDog

WKR
It's a shame Trump won't be able to fill her vacancy until after the election. But ooh lawdy please don't let this act mobilize enough of the dumba$$e$ that they end up getting Harris anywhere near anything remotely resembling power.

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not sure how I feel about this. She was very sick and knew life was coming to an end but was hoping to hold on long enough to avoid being replaced by President Trump. Trying to fill her position prior to the election will cause more turmoil, but the last 4 years have been nothing but turmoil. I think he should move forward and get the seat filled due to the likely objections to either result of the upcoming election. Plus, if Nancy and Chuck get a chance to fill the seat (because we all know that Joe is just a puppet), it will not be good for us Americans. RIP RBG.

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
There goes pre-existing conditions protection. Happily, diabetics will have ample fire power to shoot off their limbs as they need to be amputated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rodney482

WKR
Prepare for every political a$$hat to reverse their course from 2016.
“The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president,” McConnell in Feb 2016.

Let’s see if any of them have a shred of integrity.

you are incorrect when it comes to WHY they did not hear Obamas pick.
Maybe go back and read what McConnell said.

They don't have to fill the seat before the election. The current Congress is in session until January. Plenty of time to get it done. The seat will be filled with Trumps pick regardless of what happens in November.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

This was on the senate floor March 2016
My original quote was within hrs of scalia’s death before a nominee was even presented. Im not misinterpreting anything. I’m just not blindly loyal.
I also know the dems will flip what they said. It’s inevitable they play the political power game while we the people watch leadership continue to devolve into pathetic children.
How powerful would it be if some of these senators actually stood by what they said before. I’m too optimistic.

I Shouldn’t have posted at all because I detest this stuff on rokslide. But I detest lack of integrity even more. That being said I won’t participate in this discussion further bc I won’t convince anyone of anything and you won’t convince me. If you need me I’ll be in the classifieds or gear threads.

Last edited:

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
In February of 2016 Barack did not meet the definition of a lame duck president. Ignoring truth to rewriting history represents a lack of integrity.

I would prefer Trump make an appointment now. However, I found the GOPs disrespect for the Constitution disgusting in 2016 and I find Mitch's lack of consistency and integrity disturbing today.

In 2016 the Senate had a right not to confirm a nominee, but no right to refuse to even consider the individual's merits before they are nominated as Mitch stated they would only hours after Scalia's death on the grounds that "the people should decide" in an election that was still nine months away.

RIP RBG. Sad she passed, especially at the time she did. Glad to have her out of SCOTUS though.

AGPank

WKR
She was a strong woman who fought for equal rights for all. The world needs more people like RBG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk