Received the Vaccine today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broomd

WKR
Well said Broom. Glad it went well for you so far sir!
So...an update. (received moderna #2 Sunday am) About four hours after posting yesterday I started feeling pretty crappy: fever, aches, chills....woke up this morning with a completely soaked shirt.
I managed to sleep a couple extra hours before noon today though and I feel great now. This afternoon I changed the oil in the four wheelers and separated cows in the paddock. Feel confident to say I'm good to go!

Hopeful that those getting vaxed have an easy time of it!

Last edited:
I live in WA state. They keep telling me I am no where near being eligible. I don’t know how we meet the “by May” headlines being thrown around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
I live in WA state. They keep telling me I am no where near being eligible. I don’t know how we meet the “by May” headlines being thrown around.

That's really unfortunate. Because we both know that if you were homeless and/or an illegal you'd be prioritized. WA is truly f cked.

fmyth

WKR
I live in Pinal County AZ. Wife and I got our first Moderna shot Sunday morning. Within an hour I had intense itching in the palm of my hands and jaw line. Took a benadryl and felt fine. Within 4 hours wife had swelling and burning lips. Googled it and it's a common side effect. By the end of the day we both had swelling/bruising/soreness of the injection site. I have felt fine since. Wife didn't feel well on Monday and still had soreness of the arm. Hope shot 2 goes as well or better.

colersu22

WKR
Or in prison! Or obese and a smoker. That would get me in too.

I think Wa just opened it up more today for who is eligible. I know all construction opened because the job I’m on worked a deal with Virginia Mason to black out time if we want to get the vaccine.

BBob

WKR
So...an update. (received moderna #2 Sunday am) About four hours after posting yesterday I started feeling pretty crappy: fever, aches, chills....woke up this morning with a completely soaked shirt.
I managed to sleep a couple extra hours before noon today though and I feel great now. This afternoon I changed the oil in the four wheelers and separated cows in the paddock. Feel confident to say I'm good to go!

Hopeful that those getting vaxed have an easy time of it!
Glad you did alright. Saw my doc yesterday for a regular visit and he said I had about the worst reaction he's heard of. So if I'm at the bottom and survived all of the rest of you that haven't done it should do just fine :)

Just got my 2nd dose this morning. I feel fine, arm starting to get a bit sore at injection site like last time. Hopefully thats it for me

I think Wa just opened it up more today for who is eligible. I know all construction opened because the job I’m on worked a deal with Virginia Mason to black out time if we want to get the vaccine.

They did but they should just open it up for everyone. Their filtering is leading to inefficiencies.

colersu22

WKR
They did but they should just open it up for everyone. Their filtering is leading to inefficiencies.

Yeah I don’t understand why we are still in phases and why they don’t just open it up for everyone. So many rules in Wa I don’t even know what is current and what is old.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't remember if I updated this thread, so here goes. I had no side effects other than injection site soreness in the beginning. 1 month 1 week post second shot i developed a swollen sore occipital lymph node, followed by a week of moderate persistent headache. Six days after tye first swollen lymph node, I developed a swollen tender supraclavicular lymph node that also continued that way about a week but the headaches were gone. No other symptoms and everything was relatively mild in severity.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I got mine about a week ago. I have a baby girl due in June. So after a LOT of discussing it with my wife, we decided to sign her up for the J&J vaccine since it is very similar to other common vaccines (which have had a lot of testing done with pregnant women, although not the Covid one) and has had the most testing on the novel strains of covid. We felt like that would be the safest one to get and be able to pass antibodies to our baby girl so she won't have to get the vaccine or and likely not get covid.

I had planned on waiting it out as long as possible and caved while we were there. I asked if I'd be able to get one even though I had an appt, and was granted one.

I figured since I had absolutely no intention of getting the mRNA type vaccine, I better go ahead and get the JJ since we drove 2 hrs for it, I want to protect my girl as much as possible, and my wife's father has no immune system.

I just felt sick the day after and that's it. 1 shot with this version. Hope it works!

I got both of my Phizer shots. The first one felt similar to a tetanus shot that evening and next day. My second one kicked my butt a little bit. I got mi e through work and decided to get it after being quarantined 4 times because of contact with people that had it and getting Covid once .
My wife got the Maderna shots. Hers are the opposite. Her first knocked her down a bit but her second she never missed a beat. Kinda weird how they all are effecting people differently.

my 9 year old daughter is home right now on quarantine from school because of an “ exposure” from someone in her class. Her last contact with this kid was over a week ago and we just found out yesterday. Oh well, a longer water break for her and a pissed off little sister who has school today.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I am not too exited about this vaccine.

They passed a law that you cannot sue the vaccine companies if you have any complications from it. Like paralysis, sterility etc. These vaccines have no long term testing. Thats no bueno. This MRNA vaccine makes your own body produce the antigen and then it attacks it. From my understanding this is different from all previous vaccines. My fear is that in the long run we might have some serious auto immune diseases from the body attacking itself because it is producing the antigen. I could see this not doing what they think it will.

I am also a christian and its a personal ethical issue but they use stem cells from an aborted baby in the 70's. They can now get stem cells from umbilical cords so they should. I know most people don't care about that issue but I do.
A quick google search shows that the vaccine does NOT have stem cells from a fetus in it. When liberals say that conservatives don't believe in science....this is the type of stuff that proves them right.

Last edited:

Broomd

WKR
A quick google search shows that the vaccine does NOT have stem cells from a fetus in it. When liberals say that conservatives don't believe in science....this is the type of stuff that proves them right.

C'mon man. Libs are the science-driven loons stating that men can bear children and that babies are some fetal tissue mass worthy of eradication up to time of birth.
I read the fetal stem cell stuff too, it's possible that original testing involved that tissue. But to toss out the 'science' crap here as it relates to conservatives is patently unfair.

I'm fairly certain that much of the fake news that is absorbed by conservatives is false flag info put out by liberals themselves to misdirect and discredit them.

I watched ANTIFA bust out the windows of the Whitehouse as everyone else poured in on Jan 6th, and so did millions of others. Just because the media are soulless lying scum doesn't mean that we don't know the truth.

Last edited:

NoWiser

WKR
I got the Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon. I have absolutely no side effects, aside from a sore shoulder. It's very difficult to find a vaccination in the metro area here in Minnesota. Outstate they are looking for people to get it. I drove 4 hours each way to get mine and will gladly drive it again for the second dose in 3 weeks.

tuffcity

WKR
My mom and my aunt (both in their 80's) received the Pfizer shot last week. Zero side effects for either of them- same for me with the Moderna.

Status
Not open for further replies.