Received the Vaccine today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Semantics, but yes very rarely they have issues. However, you are talking about numbers so small they are almost irrelevant.

How many billions of vaccinations have been given since their creation without any major issues? The odds are for vaccination vs not. Especially since most of us won’t be getting it until late spring/summer or even later in 2021.

This I agree with and saw later on you changed your tune to a more accurate statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
This I agree with and saw later on you changed your tune to a more accurate statement.

Brett are you getting the shot early or waiting for it to be mandated? How are you feeling about it? I assume you are a heathcare worker?

Brett are you getting the shot early or waiting for it to be mandated? How are you feeling about it? I assume you are a heathcare worker?

I’m waiting until it’s mandatory for me. Not a healthcare worker. My wife is though, ER nurse and worked New York in the beginning. She is not getting it either. She just quit one hospital that is making it mandatory. The other hospital system she works for is making it optional, for now at least. It’s “mandatory” I get the flu shot every year also and I usually don’t until the employer gives it to us lol. But that’s not because I don’t want it, it’s because I’m lazy and figured they are giving it to me anyways.

Honestly I’ll eventually get it but will hold out as long as necessary for me to feel comfortable with it or until I have no option. This was a rushed vaccine there is no denying it or debating it. We are seeing immediate side effects from it although in small amounts like you described but it’s too early to know of any short term or long term side effects, speaking in terms of when they show up.

Also I’m waiting because my chances of getting it are low anyways and if I do get it I’m nearly guaranteed recovery so I’m really not worried about it. I’m not coughing or sneezing Everywhere and normal breathing doesn’t do anything. I wear a mask I’m businesses that require it, out of respect to the business, or I just simply don’t shop there. I’m not all up in peoples space anyways as I believe I’m personal space and also social distancing is what actually helps along with hand washing. I also tend to pretty much just hang around the same people regularly. I’ve never had it also so chances or me spreading it are slim to none.

Last edited:

fwafwow

WKR
It truly is insane that no one is pushing health! Healthy people aren't dying....its as if it was designed that way...something about the strongest surviving. Be healthy, be strong folks. I totally understand there are pre existing conditions that some people have that would otherwise be healthy, for them, my heart goes out. BUT the food situation and obesity situation is this country is finally catching up to us I think. Just my opinion.
Agreed on almost all of this. Everything we put in our bodies is a chemical with some risk - the "dose makes the poison" (I'm stealing some of this from Carnivore MD and other podcasts). Foods, medicines, drinks, vitamins/supplements, etc. - and many of these things do not have any interventional studies to tell us what could be happening to us down the road. I'm not saying I always have or am doing well (I'm on a meat diet currently, but I drank beer and bourbon for college football yesterday). And I'm not saying if you have ever smoked, eaten a $hit diet or take supplements that you should get vaccinated.

I don't know how much being healthier would protect you from getting, or suffering from, Covid (healthy people can get it and have problems from it), and some of us who could have pre-existing conditions we don't yet know about, BUT, I don't think it ever hurts (other than the tasty/fun stuff you give up!) trying to be a bit healthier, and it could certainly help.

And hopefully this is a much less controversial tangential discussion - although my family thinks I'm nuts for going meat-based. You and @woods89 did inspire me to hit the gym today though.

woods89

WKR
It truly is insane that no one is pushing health! Healthy people aren't dying....its as if it was designed that way...something about the strongest surviving. Be healthy, be strong folks. I totally understand there are pre existing conditions that some people have that would otherwise be healthy, for them, my heart goes out. BUT the food situation and obesity situation is this country is finally catching up to us I think. Just my opinion.
Like the above poster, I almost completely agree with you. I don't think anyone is disadvantaged by being healthy, but I know from personal anecdotes from people treating Covid patients that a certain percentage of very healthy people have lingering complications. As an elk hunter, the idea of reduced lung function long term is bothersome, to say the least.

I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I would guess that the vast majority of people have no idea what is in potato chips, processed meat, soda, energy drinks, beer, etc, besides the obvious ingredients. Hey, I enjoy some of these as well, but we are talking about things with well known side effects here. If you can show me a health benefit to any of those, I'm all ears.

I would dearly love for one of the lessons in this pandemic to be a healthier lifestyle for a broad slice of the population. That seems to be getting very little traction, however.

OP
OutdoorsMD

OutdoorsMD

Lil-Rokslider
48 hrs after first dose. Zero side effects so far. Again will repost how the second dose goes. Set to get it Jan 8th. Hopefully thread not shut down by than. Every physician in my practice (9 of us) elected voluntarily to get the vaccine.

MattB

WKR
I don't disagree with the sentiment about healthier eating, but healthy people are dying from COVID. It appears there are genetic factors that affect the immune response and can cause poor outcomes.

Gobbler36

WKR
Glad Im not the guinea pig. Ill take the virus over a rushed vaccine with no liabilities to the manufacturer. Government lied about the seriousness of a disease with a 99.75% survival rate (even higher without comorbitities), and took away countless liberties in the name of safety. In reality they have destroyed a great economy and hurt more people health wise through isolation, depression, anxiety, and more in the long run than this disease ever can.

Giving up one liberty in the name of safety is all it took to set the stage to never have freedom again. Country needs a backbone. Anyone thinking there will be a normal again is insane after everyone bent over and took it for the lies.

Bunch of people in my family have had the wuflu with little issues for anyone wondering...
I was gonna make a long post like this but you already made it for me

Bless your little heart for being so scared out of your mind and running to get the quick fix, but thats how our society is. “Screw taking my personal health into my hands and doing things to keep my body heathy I’ll just let the govt and big pharma come and save me with a vaccine while I’m on my way I’ll run through McDonald’s and grab a Big Mac, fries, and soda....... thank god the vaccines are here so I can be healthy now!”

Gobbler36

WKR
Semantics, but yes very rarely they have issues. However, you are talking about numbers so small they are almost irrelevant. That’s what I was getting at.

How many billions of vaccinations have been given since their creation without any major issues? The odds are for vaccination vs not. Especially since most of us won’t be getting it until late spring/summer or even later in 2021.

Like I said earlier too, people worried about the new mRNA vaccine can wait for the others using more traditional vaccine methods. Nothing wrong with that, if I had the choice I’d probably get that too. I just don’t want to wait a whole other year or longer to get the shot. Also don’t give me a Russian or Chinese vaccine lol
How often and how regularly have we really tracked or paid attention to the issues caused by vaccines, also why is there a need for the vaccine injury compensation?

I feel what happens is people get issues down the road from my then go back to the Dr and it gets diagnosed as a separate issue and never gets linked back to a vaccine.

Who are the people most likely to get this vaccine?? Research that and you have your answer. Hint: it has to do with education

I will shake my head but gladly go to the front of the vaccine line when those that refuse move aside. Thx! Love your right to choose at this moment in history.

Last edited:

Fatcamp

WKR
48 hrs after first dose. Zero side effects so far. Again will repost how the second dose goes. Set to get it Jan 8th. Hopefully thread not shut down by than. Every physician in my practice (9 of us) elected voluntarily to get the vaccine.

Not looking good for your thread. LOL. :)

36 hours after first dose and no problems at all. Arm soreness was worse than a flu shot this morning but gone now.

2nd dose on the 9th.

grfox92

WKR
How often and how regularly have we really tracked or paid attention to the issues caused by vaccines, also why is there a need for the vaccine injury compensation?

I feel what happens is people get issues down the road from my then go back to the Dr and it gets diagnosed as a separate issue and never gets linked back to a vaccine.
This.

According to the data, over $200 million dollars a year is paid out as compensation for vaccine injuries. That program is set up by the federal government.

Vaccine companies have ZERO liability for adverse reactions caused by the vaccines they develope. This is possible due to a bill that was passed by corrupt politicians in 1988 to protect these multi billion dollar corporations.

If vaccine injuries were so rare, why are we paying out north of $200 million a year, and why are manufacturers exempt from liability?

For the record, I am not anti vaccine. I am pro facts, and anti bullshit.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

blackdawg

WKR

A local Dr. at the bow shop in casual conversation last week,off the record of course,
did mention that the positive patients in his office are the obese and his observations indicate the virus is attacking that group of people with a ferocity in our rural community, go figure here we are
this week and Tennessee is leading the country in new cases. Go Vols!

7Bartman

WKR
I still stick to my original statement that if you feel the government or or big pharma have your best interest at heart you must be blind or I'll informed. That being said I'm fine if you want the vaccine as long as your fine if I do not.
The big difference here is that we all have skin in the game. Is big pharma and/or the govt secretly immune to COVID?

This whole argument/decision making is really simple. We are going to achieve herd immunity. You can take your chances of getting COVID or getting the vaccine. We have good statistics/probability for each if you stick to the science.

I do not discredit anyone for their decisions as long as they are based on science.

I look at it this way, the greatest generation was asked to sacrifice themselves at Normandy (sadly few of these folks are left) or Inchon, while we are asked to get a vaccination to protect them.

BiggMc

FNG
Vaccinated. Easy decision for me. If this brings us one step closer to normalcy it was worth it. If this prevents one person I care about or one of my patients from getting COVID-19 it was worth it. This vaccine was not developed in months. It was developed through decades of scientific breakthroughs and research by my colleagues who have dedicated their lives to their fields and made this possible. Go Science.

Nice decision, hope this gives you strength and hope!

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Other than some deltoid soreness (and not enough to alter behavior or activity) no effects from the vaccine for me so far.

Oh no covid!!! But death rate still same 🤔
It helps if you cite the correct data. The death rate has been above expected for months.

OkayestHNTR

Lil-Rokslider
Not anti-vaccine, I’ve had all of them. I agree get these out to medical professionals and at risk people, let’s get the world moving again....

two observations though...

1. posting a pic of getting the vaccine and a social media post about who/why you’re getting it is the ultimate virtue signaling, great job!

2. I am ALREADY annoyed at the ads and phone calls we will all get in 10 years asking if we got the vaccine and had side effects we could receive $2.95 from a billion dollar class action settlement...

#2 isn’t really gonna be an issue even if there were complications since Big Pharma cannot be liable for vaccinations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.