Recommendations - Fierce, Seekins, Bergara

SPARKY418

FNG
Looking for insights on a 300 Win Mag setup for backpack Elk/Muley hunting with shots out/up to about 500yds and some 1,000yd shots at the range. I kind of narrowed it down to a few and wondering if anyone has personal experience with Fierce (CT Twisted Rival), Seekins (Havak or Element), or Bergara (Crest squared or Divide)? I like the more vertical grip with a larger palm swell and an adjustable cheek rest would be good for me as I’ve had to build up my current rig with extra padding to feel right.

I have a new Maven RS.5: 4-24 optic for it.

I do hand load and have some different bullets and powders to work with - just got into it a year ago with a buddy that’s done it for a while.

I currently have an X- bolt Speed, just looking for another setup.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duh

WKR
Seekins hands down. Mine likes H1000 and a 212 eldx but it shoots everything else very well also.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I just got a Seekins, not a 300mag but still. It’s a great rifle and checks a ton of boxes for me. Decent barrel length, threaded from the factory, integrated rail, good trigger, nice stock.

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
Seekins

Might grab your favorite beverage, snacks and read through this fierce thread.

OP
S

SPARKY418

FNG
Thank you for all the feedback!! Looks like I have a winner. Seekins should use this as a sales tool! lol.

Does anyone have knowledge on the barrel length of 22” or 24/26” for accuracy? I have a Silencer Central suppressor so I’d like to go 22” but I don’t know if that will affect accuracy down range.

Thank you for all the feedback!! Looks like I have a winner. Seekins should use this as a sales tool! lol.

Does anyone have knowledge on the barrel length of 22” or 24/26” for accuracy? I have a Silencer Central suppressor so I’d like to go 22” but I don’t know if that will affect accuracy down range.

Go with the 22" barrel since you have a suppressor.

Cubby

WKR
Your length shouldn't effect your accuracy, so go short if you have a suppressor.
Oh and I own 4 Seekins rifles and all of them are great!

bmart2622

WKR
Youll have to go with the Element to get it in a 22" or pay the $500 to have the PH2 rebarreled. Either way its tough to beat a Seekins. I have a PH2 in 300wm for my kid and it's an awesome rifle

Cubby

WKR
Just a heads up I have a PH2 in 300wm with a 26" barrel and suppressor and the recoil isn't even noticeable, I also own a element in 6.5prc with 22" barrel also suppressed and I think a element in 300wm might be a handful. IMO

Mike 338

WKR
It's an easy process of elimination. Throw out the two names that have a likelihood of giving you buyers remorse.

Another vote for the Seekins out of your 3 choices. I have the PH2 and chose it over the Element for the savings, heavier contour barrel, and a little extra weight. I think it would serve you well with the 300WM recoil. If you don’t want a 26” barrel I believe there is enough room beyond the flutes to trim an inch plus off the barrel and re-thread for a suppressor.

Archer86

WKR
I have a couple different bergara rifled and no issues here all of them shoot great. Seekins on the other hand I ditched after the first lemon but I think that's how it goes once you have a bad experiance you don't want risk it again.

ElkTycoon

FNG
Bought a Seekins PH2 7mag last year and am very happy. I own lots of custom rifles too. The Seekins can almost shoot with my RBros 7mag and anybody that owns or has shot an RBros rifle knows that’s saying a lot.

Below pic is the first group I shot with the Seekins at 1005 yards after load development at 100 yds. 3-shots circled in red are mine, the two shots circled in blue were shot by my 12 year old son. 175 ELD-X over 66gr H1000, .020 jump, ADG brass. Velocity right at 2900. Had another great node at 3000 but being my son’s elk rifle for his first big game hunt I went with the softer load. Seekins was very comfortable to carry in the field too.

IMG_1064.jpeg

IMG_0095.jpeg