Recommendations for best hot tent for 2 people plus gear?

Throw in the stove and wood with 2 guys and gear and I would want the Redcliff. It is 2lbs heavier.

I have not used a Cimarron but when my wife and I are in the Redcliff with just our gear its maybe just a bit bigger than we need. Add the stove and wood and it would be just right. And we can stand up in it.

I have the red cliff as well as the cimarron

If your not worried about the weight, and know you will have the space where you plan to camp for the redcliff, it’s definitely Awsome to use with two guys and a stove.

Lots of years throughout September I end up using both tents during the season depending on where I plan to go and the weather forecast.

The new seek outside 3 man tent looks pretty promising.

Damn it!

Why did you have to post a link to a new tent!

At a quick glance that looks pretty nice

Surprised I haven’t seen anything about before now

Damn it!

I stumbled upon it last night when I was looking for some replacement parts for my stove. Right now I use a Silex with my son but it’s starting to get awfully tight. This looks about perfect

ODB

WKR
I don’t know them but i think Argali just launched a hot tent/teepee. Brad seems like a legit fellow so maybe have a look.

G-Hought

FNG
Not to hijack the thread… but I’m looking for the same thing. I really want to know what are good options that have enough headroom to stand up. I used to have a 2 man hot tent that I couldn’t stand up in. If you got caught in the rain it made for a long day trying to lay down.

N8H

FNG
I know this will depend entirely on your exact needs/wants, priorities and what your willing to sacrifice on, but I've been having this exact conversation with the coworkers for a couple months now and finally pulled the trigger on the Argali Absaroka.

I was interested in the Seek outside cimarron or radcliff (higher cost, less weight, possibly more saggy, highly recommended by a buddy, and a bit smaller) and the absaroka (cheaper, heavier, possibly less sag, and roomier) as my forerunners. I also gave the LiteOutdoors tents a pretty good look and they might be worth mentioning. There's quite a few other options which hopefully will be mentioned, but after 4 or 5 iterations of pro/con lists and excel spreadsheets I finally bought the Absaroka...I'm kind of obsessive about finding the exact thing to fit my exact circumstances.

Also, customer support for both SO and Argali are beyond top notch. They both answered my weird emails about dimensions and specific parts on their tents and whether my DIY stoves pipe was going to be .2" too small. Brad at Argali even called me to bounce a couple ideas around. Highly recommend either one of them.

Anyway, I'm getting long-winded...Good luck on your search!

HiMtnHntr

WKR
I used the 8 man tipi with xl stove for my son and I. By the time you get all your gear and wood in, it can get tight. Nice to have the extra room if you can handle the weight.

The new seek outside 3 man tent looks pretty promising.

Damn it!

Yeah what the hell man?