Recommendations for best hot tent for 2 people plus gear?

Tried the Cimmaron for a season, ended up selling it. I thought it was rather tight for two people + stove/gear. I’m on the taller side (6’4) though. Always felt like I was going to burn my sleeping bag off the stove. Plan on purchasing the Twlight due to its ample space and zipperless door. USA made unlike the Argali.

Last edited:

Smokeslider

Lil-Rokslider
Thoughts on the Argali 6p?
It's very tempting. I have their 2P and it's a great tent. Just a bit tight with 1 person and the stove +gear.

I haven't used the 4P but think it might be tight with 2 people and stove. That 6 person might be the ticket for 2 people and gear/stove and room to stretch.

I've had SO tents before and much prefer the Silpoly material from Argali.

Old-Cat

Lil-Rokslider
Hyperlite Mountain Gear Ultamid 4. You won't find anything lighter with that much space.
I’ve been eyeing this one. The were just on sale, I was super close to pulling the trigger on one.

Did you add a stove jack to yours by any chance? I probably would have bought one if they had one as a factory option.

Did you add a stove jack to yours by any chance? I probably would have bought one if they had one as a factory option.
No, I didn't put a stove jack in it because I only use it as a spike camp shelter, and my spike camps are always way above tree line. I know that Seek Outside will install a stove jack in one for a pretty reasonable price though.

Old-Cat

Lil-Rokslider
No, I didn't put a stove jack in it because I only use it as a spike camp shelter, and my spike camps are always way above tree line. I know that Seek Outside will install a stove jack in one for a pretty reasonable price though
Yeah, they put one in a silver tip for me. I didn’t know they would do that for other companies gear, good to know.

Seek was concurrently running a sale, I went with the Cimarron light.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Cimarron is what me and my hunting partner use. Most of the time the stove is not worth the effort.

Last overnight was the two of us, a large uTurn, gear (just an overnight, but temps around 16 degrees), and his 70 pound dog. It is borderline tight, but not bad.

I have a Redcliff I use with the family. If setting up and not moving camp, it is significantly more comfortable. However, it has a larger foot print, will be harder to find a spot for, and a medium stove is on the small side for it, I would honestly prefer a bigger stove than the large in the Redcliff.

The Twilight looks nice, I really like my Silex.

If you wait for a run of dyneema, it saves a much of weight.