Reliable & Affordable Scopes! Your go to is?

3sdad

FNG
For a basic scope and no dialing.Leupold vx3. 30mm tube. Reticle of your choice. They're simple, reliable, light, and good enough glass. They have great eye relief and sight picture. They don't sell the warranty like vortex, but they do have a good one.

Laramie

WKR
For a basic scope and no dialing.Leupold vx3. 30mm tube. Reticle of your choice. They're simple, reliable, light, and good enough glass. They have great eye relief and sight picture. They don't sell the warranty like vortex, but they do have a good one.
Leupold has lifetime warranty on all scopes, just like Vortex and most other manufacturers for that matter. Vortex sets themselves apart by also offering the lifetime warranty on their rangefinders.

Leupold has lifetime warranty on all scopes, just like Vortex and most other manufacturers for that matter. Vortex sets themselves apart by also offering the lifetime warranty on their rangefinders.
Best part with Vortex is you will definitely get to use their warranty. Everytime it breaks they fix it for free! What a deal...

My understanding is that the difference with vortex is that anything is covered, like if you ran it over with a dump truck. Other manufacturers only cover lifetime manufacturer defects; if you dropped it on a rock you're SOL.

Is this accurate?

Laramie

WKR
My understanding is that the difference with vortex is that anything is covered, like if you ran it over with a dump truck. Other manufacturers only cover lifetime manufacturer defects; if you dropped it on a rock you're SOL.

Is this accurate?
Kind of. Everyone has their own marketing strategy. Vortex will cover almost anything but you need proof of purchase. Leupold will also cover just about anything and the warranty is transferable forever. You can send them a 30 year old scope that has been owned by 3 people with no receipt and they will fix it.

Laramie

WKR
You are correct, just contact them and return it. No receipt required. Fully transferable too.
In the United states, you are correct. The rest of the world needs to go through the place they purchased. Anything shipped from the US to anywhere is else is no longer covered.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I've never had an issue wirh any of the half dozen Leupold vx3-vx31 2.5-8x36 scopes I have, I also bought 4 meopta meopro 3-9x40s when they were being discontinued as well as a few zeiss conquest 3-9x40 scopes. I only have a couple dialing scopes right now.

Id like to get that razor LHT 3-15 though.

SWFA 6x and 3-9 have worked for me.

The discontinued Zeiss Conquests 3-9 as a set and forget scope has also been a good choice IME.

Is this accurate?
I snapped off a bolt on a Leupold mount after over tightening it and they replaced at no cost.

Best part with Vortex is you will definitely get to use their warranty. Everytime it breaks they fix it for free! What a deal...
They do not necessarily fix broken products. I have a few of their scopes that are broken despite what their techs claimed.