Reloading Bench Pics! Post Yours!

KineKilla

WKR
I wouldn't say reluctant to commit. More like reluctant to compromise. Some companies do some things better than others is all. I like Hornady dies and RCBS scales and case prep center. I started the reloading journey with an "all in one" Hornady setup but quickly outgrew or outsmarted many of the components and did some upgrading.

...and yes, Folgers FTW!

OP
rootacres

rootacres

WKR
Well dang....you guys put me to shame but I'm going to post these anyway so maybe some guys can feel a little better about themselves in comparison!

Here is my reloading room and gear storage area after I completed it:

View attachment 174976View attachment 174977

And here it is in use:

View attachment 174978

Well done, this looks like something I could realistically build and have it be functional. What butcher block did you go with? I am looking at one from menards, Ive already purchased one for the wife on one of her projects. It stained up really nice.

bsnedeker

WKR
Well done, this looks like something I could realistically build and have it be functional. What butcher block did you go with? I am looking at one from menards, Ive already purchased one for the wife on one of her projects. It stained up really nice.
I made that top by laminating 2x4s together... lots of glue, lots of clamps! I put them through my table saw to get a flatter top then hit it with a belt sander to finish it after it was all glued up. I've used the butcher block stuff from lowes for cabinet tops and really like it too... I'll bet it would work perfectly for a bench!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nealm66

Lil-Rokslider
How did you support the 2x boards on the wall? I see the brackets on the inside by the corner but what did you use on the outside ?

bsnedeker

WKR
I probably didn't need the brackets in the corners, but I like to overdue stuff.

Each of those 2x12s has two 5/8 inch threaded rods about 10 inches long that I sunk into the studs in the wall. I drilled corresponding holes into the 2x12s with my drill press to make a floating shelf. It was something I was playing around with and I like how it turned out. I did it again in my mud room for storage shelves and really like the look.
c6b9ff931b9cfde87e6dc921f17b453b.jpg

KineKilla

WKR
How did you support the 2x boards on the wall? I see the brackets on the inside by the corner but what did you use on the outside ?

I don't know how he did it but when I build shelves like that, I use a Kreg jig and drive the screws straight into the adjoining studs.

bsnedeker

WKR
I don't know how he did it but when I build shelves like that, I use a Kreg jig and drive the screws straight into the adjoining studs.

Interesting...how much weight does that hold do you think? I went with heavy-duty threaded rods to support but it's probably overkill. I can literally do pull ups on these shelves which is probably unnecessary, but I do generally overbuild stuff!

Pro953

WKR
I probably didn't need the brackets in the corners, but I like to overdue stuff.

Each of those 2x12s has two 5/8 inch threaded rods about 10 inches long that I sunk into the studs in the wall. I drilled corresponding holes into the 2x12s with my drill press to make a floating shelf. It was something I was playing around with and I like how it turned out. I did it again in my mud room for storage shelves and really like the look.
c6b9ff931b9cfde87e6dc921f17b453b.jpg

How do the Rosa Rita beans shoot for you? I tried them a few times on my large bores but found they shot dirty and had a lot of ES issues. (Sorry I could not resist a little stupid humor).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
How do the Rosa Rita beans shoot for you? I tried them a few times on my large bores but found they shot dirty and had a lot of ES issues. (Sorry I could not resist a little stupid humor).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot placement is everything! Lol!

I built it. I took my time on it, about 3-4 times a week I'd spend a couple few hours on it. Somewhere between 4-6 weeks. At the time it was something positive I could focus on, it was a divorce project.

I bet it took some serious time. Looks great! That's my goal of what my next one will look like. Did you get dimensions and specs from somewhere or came up with all of that yourself as well?

I bet it took some serious time. Looks great! That's my goal of what my next one will look like. Did you get dimensions and specs from somewhere or came up with all of that yourself as well?
Well thank you, I do appreciate that. My intention was to build one that would last my lifetime and then some. This is where I got the plans for it. I did alter it some. Mine is 8' long instead of 6' like the plans call for and I opted for an open cabinet design along with a little different shelf configuration.

Well thank you, I do appreciate that. My intention was to build one that would last my lifetime and then some. This is where I got the plans for it. I did alter it some. Mine is 8' long instead of 6' like the plans call for and I opted for an open cabinet design along with a little different shelf configuration.

Thanks for the link! if my comes out half as nice as yours did I'll be in good shape.

MeatBuck

WKR
Snagged this old desk outta the burnpile a few years ago and added a top to it for cutting meat and cleaning birds. Since I've put together a more permanent cleaning station so I re-repurposed it for reloading a month or two ago. Heavily modified the chair(removed right arm) for access to press handle and now it actually slides into its slot in the desk.
Keep small press parts and random tools and accessories in the Plano tackle box. Other more commonly used items like manuals and notebooks go in drawer and on keyboard slide-out. Powder storage in safe so none in pic. I pull off the handle of the priming tool until I use it. It goes in drawer with some other priming stuff.
The slot under the drawer holds the case polisher, case trimmer, case neck sorting tool, consentricity guage, and some trays for sorting and one big round nonstick pizza pan for spraying oneshot lube on cases. Wipes off with paper towel super easy.
Clean, simple and compact, worked out pretty good.

image.jpeg

Nealm66

Lil-Rokslider
That’s like the postcard for what they’re supposed to look like. Where’s all the spills and ruined brass?