Reloading Setup

Axlrod

WKR
The brass is annealed two or three times during the case forming process. The case head is eventually hardened for obvious reasons. I know Peterson and Lapua definitely anneal just the neck and shoulder before shipping the brass. The annealing “stain” is left on the case so that no one will again anneal the brass before the first loading. Not all new brass has the shoulder and neck annealed, depends on the maker. Factory ammo typically does not have the case shoulder and neck annealed prior to loading. Small arms military brass does have the shoulder and neck annealed before loading primarily for feeding reliability and to avoid spring back. My only question is: How many times can I load the brass before I should anneal it again?
This is ADG 30Nosler brass I bought a few months ago. They sell it Bright or Standard. The bright costs more than the standard. So they are charging more to NOT anneal it?? ALL cartridge brass made on earth is annealed several times through the manufacturing process, including at the end of the line. If not, after drawing and forming, it would not be useable for loading. Sometimes it is run through a batch of corncob media (bright) and sometimes not (standard).

20221214_160232.jpg

OP
B

Blb8698

FNG
This is way delayed in when I started this post but yeah typo I meant good lol also right now to get started it would just to be to save some money on target ammo for the 9mm and hunting rounds for the 30-06

BjornF16

WKR
This is ADG 30Nosler brass I bought a few months ago. They sell it Bright or Standard. The bright costs more than the standard. So they are charging more to NOT anneal it?? ALL cartridge brass made on earth is annealed several times through the manufacturing process, including at the end of the line. If not, after drawing and forming, it would not be useable for loading. Sometimes it is run through a batch of corncob media (bright) and sometimes not (standard).

View attachment 488121

No...they are adding an extra step of polishing the brass to remove the annealing dullness

To get started and save money on those calibers is going to take a long time to save money most likely. I bought the rockchucker supreme kit when I started 20 years ago. Basically all I use from that kit still is the press and loading block. I started because I had a new super magnum that was expensive for factory rounds. I would try putting together a kit from used stuff if at all possible. Didn't take long for me to decide I wanted an electronic dispenser and case trimmer that weren't included in my kit.