Removing thinsulate from boots

530Chukar

WKR
Has anyone tried to remove thinsulate from inside of a hunting boot? I got a great deal on some Kenetrek Mtn Guides but would prefer them to be uninsulated if at all possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loghog

FNG
The insulation is integrated into the liner - I doubt this is possible. Boots are one place to not experiment ...

tanto

FNG
Ya it’s not worth the trouble. It’s part of the boot. Hang on to them for chilly weather or unload them

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Completley bad idea TRUST me I did this to a pair of boots that I had it was a lower grade model boot I think I payed 125 bucks for them years ago and I really liked how comfortable they were but they were way to dang hot in the summer hiking around sooooo….. bright idea I had pull it out well not the case being stitched inside the boot and the insulated part is part of the padding and well those boots are in the land fill now. For an expensive pair like Kenetrek's not a good idea I promise those boots will be in the land fill also. We carry Kenetrek's if your looking to get another pair and for being a ROKSLIDE member I can get you a discount if you would but if you have any other questions feel free to give us a call.

Has anyone tried to remove thinsulate from inside of a hunting boot? I got a great deal on some Kenetrek Mtn Guides but would prefer them to be uninsulated if at all possible.

OP
530Chukar

530Chukar

WKR
Completley bad idea TRUST me I did this to a pair of boots that I had it was a lower grade model boot I think I payed 125 bucks for them years ago and I really liked how comfortable they were but they were way to dang hot in the summer hiking around sooooo….. bright idea I had pull it out well not the case being stitched inside the boot and the insulated part is part of the padding and well those boots are in the land fill now. For an expensive pair like Kenetrek's not a good idea I promise those boots will be in the land fill also. We carry Kenetrek's if your looking to get another pair and for being a ROKSLIDE member I can get you a discount if you would but if you have any other questions feel free to give us a call.

Haha thanks for the heads up. I’m in the same boat, got them for $125 but way too hot. I ended up ordering a set of their new wildland firefighter boots for work and I’m hoping those will cross over.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You bet man just would hate to see a fellow outdoorsman trash a pair of boots on a idea haha. Good luck hope you can find something that works for you.

Haha thanks for the heads up. I’m in the same boat, got them for $125 but way too hot. I ended up ordering a set of their new wildland firefighter boots for work and I’m hoping those will cross over.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Man that's your boots and I cant tell you what to do but I can give you info that its a bad idea haha I really thought this could work and it just destroyed my boots and they were so damn uncomfortable to walk in I threw them away.
I also was going to give this a go on the meindl boots.

Mattt

Lil-Rokslider
That would be my fear as it would probably change the fit of the boots. Good wool socks may help a little, I work outside and have gotten used to having hot feet as long as no blisters and not shriveled up when I take them iff