Rental trucks have hitch receivers?

Tahoe1305

WKR
If it hasn’t been said, I’ve rented a few with capability but was made clear in the contract I was not allowed to tow with it.

Just something to consider if you’re hanging your hat on it and it has a receiver.

bpa556

FNG
I’ve already been looking through Turo. What is it with people owning trucks who don’t actually use a truck?!? All the trucks look like they’ve never even driven on a gravel road. I need something that can tow that I won’t feel bad about getting bloody and muddy. Even better with 4WD and off road tires would be even better. I’m pretty sure I can avoid pinstriping the damn thing. I don’t think there is anyone on Turo with a truck that you can actually use like a truck. WTH. I can just hear it now: “OMG, is that like mud on my rims? And you got the mounted shovel and hi-lift all dirty! and…. Ewwww, is that like blood on the tailgate?!? You’re going to pay to have my truck disinfected and detailed!!!”

Rant over. Back to searching for a truck! I’ll try the car dealerships.

Why would you rent someone’s personal vehicle, with the intention of getting it “muddy and bloody”, and not wash it before returning it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Why would you rent someone’s personal vehicle, with the intention of getting it “muddy and bloody”, and not wash it before returning it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t plan on doing that. If you saw my truck, there wouldn’t be any doubt that it gets used as a truck. A rinse and a vacuum would be what a Turo truck gets, which is more than my truck sees. I don’t think I’m responsible for detailing it. I’ll clean it, but it won’t come back as clean as when I got it. I think that’s reasonable, and a fair expectation for a truck. I don’t know if that’s a shared expectation. I’m going reserve a truck and reach out the owner and make sure we are on the same page.

Fyi I believe the owners on Turo can back out until the last minute.

I read some where on here someone had one reserved that had been totaled for months. And the owner never updated him him till he asked about the reservation a day or 2 before.

I don’t plan on doing that. If you saw my truck, there wouldn’t be any doubt that it gets used as a truck. A rinse and a vacuum would be what a Turo truck gets, which is more than my truck sees. I don’t think I’m responsible for detailing it. I’ll clean it, but it won’t come back as clean as when I got it. I think that’s reasonable, and a fair expectation for a truck. I don’t know if that’s a shared expectation. I’m going reserve a truck and reach out the owner and make sure we are on the same page.
Why would there be a lower standard for cleaning because "it's a truck"?

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Turns out Turo doesn’t allow the following:

Using a vehicle booked through Turo
  • to tow or push anything
  • for “off roading” on undeveloped or unimproved roads

Macintosh

WKR
Ive tried to rent trucks, including from enterprise, and there was a padlocked hitch-pin through the receiver, so short of a hacksaw no getting around that. Other times including with enterprise there was not. So…take your chances? Or maybe try uhaul or similar if they rent tow vehicles.

Swamp Fox

WKR
Most of the rental trucks and suv’s up here have receivers but they put a seal on them. You’d have to brake the seal to tow anything. What they do if you do that I have no idea.
It's old school:

If you break the seal , what they do is they march you to the altar with a shotgun at your back, and make you marry the girl that works the desk 8-5.

I believe it's biblical ...

The main problem is there's usually only ever one girl on that shift, so the selection is limited.

The Guide

WKR
UHaul does rent pickups and allows towing. They are usually single cab trucks and in northern climates they are 4x4. This might be your best bet.

Jay