Replacement stock for older savage 110

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
I have a savage model 110 in .243 that’s about 20 years old. The barrel is still good but I noticed a crack in the Original wood stock and I’ve been looking for a synthetic replacement stock but haven’t had much luck.. anyone know what or where I should be looking?

Titan_Bow

WKR
I’d look at Boyd’s. I dropped my sons 6.5 Savage LWH into one and it looks great and shoots great. Dropped right in perfect fit. They run just a touch over 200 bucks.

0b3d4251e137c66192b553582c8f18e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TauPhi111

WKR
Welcome to the Savage dilemma. No real good options out there for a well made, light weight, synthetic stock out there for the Savage that us under $500. Whoever does that first is going to make a killing. I agree that if you're not worried about weight, Boyds is the way to go. I have several for my savage rifles and they have been great. I would recommend pillar and glass bedding though. It makes a difference. I also believe Magpul just came out with a hunter stock for the Savage. That is a fantastic stock, but it is also heavy.

OP
T

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
I’d look at Boyd’s. I dropped my sons 6.5 Savage LWH into one and it looks great and shoots great. Dropped right in perfect fit. They run just a touch over 200 bucks.

0b3d4251e137c66192b553582c8f18e2.jpg

That’s a good looking gun and a reasonable price I may have to give that a try.

OP
T

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome to the Savage dilemma. No real good options out there for a well made, light weight, synthetic stock out there for the Savage that us under $500. Whoever does that first is going to make a killing. I agree that if you're not worried about weight, Boyds is the way to go. I have several for my savage rifles and they have been great. I would recommend pillar and glass bedding though. It makes a difference. I also believe Magpul just came out with a hunter stock for the Savage. That is a fantastic stock, but it is also heavy.
I’d actually prefer a little more weight, usually just use that gun for hunting off a rack on a truck so the weigh is no problem. I’m gonna give them a look and just out of curiosity do you know what it typically runs to do the pillar and glass bedding?

TauPhi111

WKR
I’d actually prefer a little more weight, usually just use that gun for hunting off a rack on a truck so the weigh is no problem. I’m gonna give them a look and just out of curiosity do you know what it typically runs to do the pillar and glass bedding?

I've actually done most of my bedding jobs myself so I'm actually not too sure. The one pro job i did get for my precision rig ran me about 200, but you might find something wildly different depending on the smith you use. There are a lot of tutorials online on bedding. It isn't hard. Like many other things, prep is key and dont rush.

IDMONK

FNG
I just put a Savage in a B&C medalist, I couldn’t be happier with it, and accuracy was greatly improved as well.

Attachments

• CE232D91-F31E-415A-8EF5-7A381AE4CFD7.jpeg
    CE232D91-F31E-415A-8EF5-7A381AE4CFD7.jpeg
    217.1 KB · Views: 33
OP
T

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
I just put a Savage in a B&C medalist, I couldn’t be happier with it, and accuracy was greatly improved as well.
I wish I could drop mine in a B&C but I don’t think it would fit in one. I guess I could call and double check since it’s about 20 years old

OP
T

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
I never got around to getting one, I was actually back on the hunt for one today