Rifle scopes you'd love to see Form test

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
I like the idea of fundraising for this endeavor but what do gel tests have to do with scope testing/ am I missing some correlation? Are you wanting Form to throw the scopes at gel? or do ballistics gel testing like everyone on youtube already does? Not ragging, just curious

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I like the idea of fundraising for this endeavor but what do gel tests have to do with scope testing/ am I missing some correlation? Are you wanting Form to throw the scopes at gel? or do ballistics gel testing like everyone on youtube already does? Not ragging, just curious
Tis the the season for giving how about everyone that has benefited from this, give $20 to help fund future projects (maybe some gel tests). Looking forward to more.
Gel testing the correct way hasn’t been done because of the expense. Not to mention most people don’t know what they are looking at to begin with.

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
Gel testing the correct way hasn’t been done because of the expense. Not to mention most people don’t know what they are looking at to begin with.
Yeah I get that just didn’t see the correlation to raising money for scope testing. I also think there are minimal gains to testing bullets “properly” compared to the potential gain in industry changes testing scopes.

eoperator

WKR
Yeah I get that just didn’t see the correlation to raising money for scope testing. I also think there are minimal gains to testing bullets “properly” compared to the potential gain in industry changes testing scopes.
There is no correlation to speak of I just want to see both.

gphil

Lil-Rokslider
What about US optics? Why did they fall off the map?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

madcalfe

WKR
Khales k318 or k525.

I seem to recall following a great thread on another forum from Alex Wheeler with frozen scopes checking scope zero retentions/ wandering zero and the Khales scopes performing at the top. Sadly no longer able to find it, likely removed because it hurt too many scope manufactures feelings.
ill tell you right now the kalhes will fail the 18" drop.
I've went through 2 K318i's. 1st one my gun was in the corner of the wall tent and it fell over and hit the ground the internals came apart. they sent me a new one.
2nd one it was in my jet boat gun drawer in a padded case, with my hunting jacket and a life jacket wrapped around the scope part. i took it out to shoot it and it was out by about 4ft.
the next jet boat ride same situation the illumination knob started to come off. it now sits on a 17hmr grouse gun.
FYI the 4-16x42 ATACR survived 12hrs of jet boating, launching off a rock denting in my keel and it was still bang on when I shot my goat at 400yards..

No Huskemaw has been eval’d. If you want to have it done on that 1-6x, contact @Ryan Avery and he will work it out.

@Formidilosus what was the consensus on the Huskemaw evaluation? I couldn’t find it in the testing sub forum.
I know Ryan and others opinion is the glass is poor in less than perfect conditions but they tend to track and return to zero well. That was all pre drop testing sub forum though.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
@Formidilosus what was the consensus on the Huskemaw evaluation? I couldn’t find it in the testing sub forum.
I know Ryan and others opinion is the glass is poor in less than perfect conditions but they tend to track and return to zero well. That was all pre drop testing sub forum though.

Didn’t get one sent.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Ok sounds good. I knew he had it on the 6um and I swear I read somewhere him saying he had taken it off and put the trijicon on so he could send it to you for testing. Obviously things changed. Thanks.

He changed it because it developed problems. I’m not sure what happened after that.

dgoco39

FNG
New to the forum but after reading mamy of these reviews, im thinking some of the issues i believed were load related or rifle related were due to poor scope design. Mainly the wandering zero.

Has anyone tested any of the US Optics offerings? I am mainly interested in the b series such as the b17. I hadnt seen anything related to the eotech vudu's either. I ran into issues with the eotech 5-25, when I slipped elk hunting, it was promptly replaced by the company, but they never gave a diagnosis of the failure.

I have a feeling the used scope market is about to be flooded.