Rifle stability in treestand

JCMCUBIC

WKR
Wouldn't help you with your back to the tree, but I killed two does this past weekend at 140 and 120 yards respectively using the Tethrd HYS Strap and two of the new Fold n Go hangers. Worked great as a rifle rest and both does bang flopped. Most of my saddle rifle shots have been within 75 yards and generally free hand, so I was thrilled with how good of a rest I was able to get with this set up leaning into the tree in a sitting position.

I think going with the rope set up as mentioned above would work well for a traditional hang on, or going with a monopod/tripod like the Primos trigger stick. Practicing free hand shots would be beneficial as well.

Killed a lot of deer with my left elbow propped on my left knee too.

mavrick

FNG
I use a mono pod. Shooting 200 yards can be tough. I will have to try some of the technique.

Lowg08

WKR
I bought the bow hanger from genesis 3D printing. Drilled out the top hole and put it in I think 5/16 amsteel. I can slip it around the tree as I need on back of tee shots. I can also kneel in my hang on and use the seat. Lastly I use as I can knees and legs but my kid shoots competition rifle and he has a trick of if standing to kick it out of gear and wedge the bicep to the side above the hip bone. Like a built in tripod. I also agree with free hand practice.

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpeg
    IMG_0062.jpeg
    520.6 KB · Views: 11

Cowboy20x

FNG
Primos monopod with tree stand attachment base. If you have a front rail, lean your monopod forward until you rest it in the rail. If an open stand, use the leg strap that comes with it.