RMSG Cutthroat 3 blade?

Wondering who has played around with this head, specifically with compounds.

Should be easy enough to sharpen w/the paper wheel, I have files as well and 3 blades are the easiest out there to sharpen for me.

Mainly wanting to get an idea of consistency in flight.

Thanks!

I shot a whitetail buck with one this year, went 20 yards and died. The 125grain flew well out to 100 yards. Pretty easy to sharpen on a flat stone Once you figure out the curve of the blades. Overall i’m very happy with them.

CB4

WKR
I have them. Where I noticed the difference was in wind. I have 2 in my quiver along with 2 grim reaper micro hades 3 blades. I haven't shot an animal with the cutthroats yet but practicing the wind would push the cutthroats 2-3 inches more off center than the grim reaper.

sndmn11

WKR
I have them. Where I noticed the difference was in wind. I have 2 in my quiver along with 2 grim reaper micro hades 3 blades. I haven't shot an animal with the cutthroats yet but practicing the wind would push the cutthroats 2-3 inches more off center than the grim reaper.
at what distance? I could easily seeing 40+ yards with that result.

Kshusker

FNG
I bought the 125, easy to sharpen and stayed sharp after shooting a doe. Quick touch up and back in the quiver. I shot her a second time when she was bedded laying on her side. Broad head stuck in the spine. No chips dings or damage. Still fairly sharp. My set up is a vxr 31.5 28 draw 70# axis 5mm.

Kshusker

FNG
As far as sharpening I use sand paper. I also bought a broad head holder from stay sharp, works great to hold the broadhead I did not buy the 3 blade sharpening set up though. They touch up quickly and easily. I will be moving from my magnus black hornets to the cutthroat. Love my magnus broadheads but these are much more durable.

Bump79

WKR
Anyone tried the 100 grain version? A little more compact and that's my preference

Bump79

WKR
I have a vid test of that head and some info on resharpening it on my YouTube Channel: Lusk Archery Adventures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Always love your videos. I saw it on the 125, I'd think the 100 grain would fly better and penetrate better in most mediums due to it's shorter profile.

sndmn11

WKR
Two years later - how are you guys feeling about these?
Looking to pick these up for myself probably.
I used the 125s to shoot an elk this year.
That spike went 15-20yds and died after being shot. The head spun true after the pass through and I had it sharp again with a few passes on ceramic.

We have a couple packs in 100gr. as well but they have not been shot at an animal. They take a slight bit more archery consistency and are potentially a finer tune than the two blades, but we have been able to tune them to any archer so far.

I had Danny show me how he sharpens them and was surprised to see that he does so like one would stroke a knife blade rather than pull tip to threads/vice versa. I could get them shave sharp and a clean paper slice, but certainly not as sharp as the two blades or a normal knife blade.

@TheViking borrowed the 100s and shot them at foam, but didn't hunt with them. I can't remember why or what he took to hunt with, but he might have some feedback worth reading as well.

We have a couple packs in 100gr. as well but they have not been shot at an animal. They take a slight bit more archery consistency and are potentially a finer tune than the two blades, but we have been able to tune them to any archer so far.

I had Danny show me how he sharpens them and was surprised to see that he does so like one would stroke a knife blade rather than pull tip to threads/vice versa. I could get them shave sharp and a clean paper slice, but certainly not as sharp as the two blades or a normal knife blade.
@sndmn11 perfect. Thank you for the feed back. Did he sharpen them on a ceramic or on a strop? I strop my knives mostly tip to ricasso, or thread here, but I will do both.

Did you like the 2 blade better? I was looking at those but wanted to get something with a little more of a cut and since these don't have a bleeder figure the 3 blade would be good.

sndmn11

WKR
@sndmn11 perfect. Thank you for the feed back. Did he sharpen them on a ceramic or on a strop? I strop my knives mostly tip to ricasso, or thread here, but I will do both.

Did you like the 2 blade better? I was looking at those but wanted to get something with a little more of a cut and since these don't have a bleeder figure the 3 blade would be good.
Two of the three blades touching the stone, then in a slicing motion rather than a stabbing motion. Just like one would use the spyderco triangle or any other stick type sharpener. If it has lost enough edge that a medium grit stone or stick won't pop a burr, just send it back.

I carried both the two blade and the three blade in my quiver this year. The two blade is very forgiving of tune/shooter and I can't remember ever seeing it shot from a rough paper tuned bow and not being on or at least within a fist of field points. The 3 blade is a little more critical but results in a better tuned bow.

The elk in the review is the only one I have shot with any Cutthroat and it has been a long while since I shot any animal with a bow. I used Thunderheads before.

The two blades can get silly sharp, like genuinely WTF out.