Robby Denning's Colorado Muzzleloader Hunt

Jodi

Super Moderator
"rained all night. Up at 4:30. Torn whether to try an ambush from above last night's feed area or move back a mile and try to bed them in the glass. A tip lead me to these bucks and I'm likely not the only one who knows about them. A more aggressive hunter may get lucky in an ambush, but will likely only get one chance. Spook them and they will be tough to impossible to find again. I think I'll take the patient approach. God Bless Us Everyone!" Robby

Jodi

Super Moderator
"I see them. About 1.25 miles out. Both hard-horned and beautiful. Now just try and bed them. Wish I was closer but likely wouldn't know where they are if I was. They moved about 1/4 mile since last night and that's lots in brushy country. Trying to keep my powder dry." Robby

Attachments

• 0912120704.jpg
    0912120704.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 89

Jodi

Super Moderator
Ok, I have been at the gym and while there Robby has sent a flurry of promising texts for me to post. Here is the first.

"Starting my stalk" Robby
That was at 9:07am

Jodi

Super Moderator
9:32am "I can't get 'Poncho and Lefty' out of my mind". Robby

Jodi

Super Moderator
9:46am "250 yards from the last known location. It's still not raining!" Robby

Jodi

Super Moderator
10:12am. "I see one at 190 yards in his bed. Facing me. Can't shoot yet." Robby

7mag.

WKR
You're killing me! I have to go and I can't stand not being able to check on this thread. I want to say congrats to you Robby, I hope I'm not premature.

MOHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Sweeet! This is so cool for guys stuck at the office. Confirmation, please!

Jodi

Super Moderator
Believe me, he is not giving me any confirmation as of yet. Wonder what he's up to???

Jodi

Super Moderator
My husband puts more blood, sweat and tears into deer hunting than most anyone out there. He studies, and refines all that he does to the point where he drives me crazy. He has journals of what he has learned that date back over 20 years. He is an extremely hard worker and very talented and that is why my heart aches for him now.

1:38pm "All I got was a clean miss and a broken heart. A man spends decades preparing for this moment to only let it slip through his hands. 28" tall buck bedded broadside at 110 yards. Had 30 minutes to get ready and still screwed it up. Praise the Lord for the opportunity......." Robby