Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever

manitou1

WKR
Got blood poisoning from a tick bite... almost killed me.
Look up bourbon's disease. No more red meat for the rest of your life. Probably invented by antis... lol.
Now we have Asian Tick disease in the U.S. One in four die from it! I hate the little bastards.

Wellsdw

WKR
hate those things
first time ever using permethrene (however you spell it) and so far on turkey hunts this year i havent had as much as a fly on me so seems to be the magic trick.
wish you a speedy recovery
Just curious how you are using this. Permethrin is basically topical dog flea medication. But is also used in a variety of other methods. Always wondered why I can use it on a dog but not on me. Got 5 off we 2 days ago. I was covered in deep woods off

Permethrin is basically topical dog flea medication. But is also used in a variety of other methods. Always wondered why I can use it on a dog but not on me.

You can use it on yourself if you want. It's not approved for direct application on humans simply because no actual pesticides (that I can find) are legally labeled as for use directly on human skin. Sure we get exposed at times, but spraying a pesticide over your body will get plenty of it absorbed internally. Domestic animal and livestock pesticides are held to a different standard for application.

I developed ehrlichiosis from a tick bite back in 2009 and was sick many weeks. The diagnosis was made by a process of elimination. I was on a hunt in Alaska when I finally became too sick to leave the tent (fever, headaches, shaking chills, body aches, anorexia and more). I was lucky or smart enough to have a good fak with me which included a few different antibiotics. I was desperate and made a calculated decision to initiate one of the antibiotics....which worked....and I recovered. 100% of the symptoms disappeared and never returned. These were symptoms I'd experienced off and on for many weeks.

If I'm going in the woods during tick season, I'll be wearing clothes treated with permethrin (previously) and allowed to dry. I tape my pant cuffs to my boots, and maybe even my waistline gets taped. As insurance I apply 40% DEET spray to the lower half of my clothing and my arms. I'm determined to keep ticks and chiggers off my body. Chiggers have made me suffer many sleepless nights.