Rokslide 2022 Weight Loss Thread

CCooper

WKR
I've jumped on the wagon, a little late to post. I'm 37 years old and hit my heaviest this winter at 261. At 5' 10" it was starting to get ridiculous. After watching my wife run a marathon this spring, and getting my ass kicked last September I knew I needed to commit to change. We have always ate pretty healthy, but lack of exercise and love for IPA and bourbon had caught up with me. I started by cold turkey dumping coffee, red bull, alcohol, and going to a very low carb diet. 20 pounds pretty much just fell off. After letting the body adjust to these changes, started exercising again consisting of a 30 minutes of weights and an hour of cardio EVERY day. I'm about 7 weeks in and weighed in at 229 this morning. Original goal was 220, but I think I can do better. I will say I feel so much better already, and it has inspired me to kick chew as well- starting that this week. Everybody on this thread has helped inspire me, and you guys are doing great- Love the accountability and keep up the good work.

Broke under 200 lbs for the first time in 12 years. I started the MTN TOUGH 30-30 program 6 weeks ago at 205ish (down from 275). Just finished that program and Ive managed to loose 6 lbs but put on significant muscle mass. Highly recommend that particular program for anyone starting out. It is challenging but doable for all fitness levels. Lit a fire under my ass too, I’m all in now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I'm at 172 pounds, started at 210. Goal of 170. Original goal was 180, but at 180 I still have fat on my gut, so I dropped the goal. These last few pounds are coming off very slow, but most of that is I have relaxed my calorie restriction in part because I figure long term holding 170-175 is where I want to be.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
That lower belly fat hangs on like an Alabama tick....sounds like your doing great, Marbles. Congrat
Yes, and thanks. I think I will just live with a small amount of belly fat as it does not appear to have changed much in the last 7 or 8 pounds. In the end, I think having some fat reserve is functional and don't want to overshoot and hurt physical performance.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Well, I'm calling it done. Been as low as 170.6 pounds (77.4 kg). Not gotten down to 170 even, but that last 0.6 will probably be more muscle than fat and my original goal was 180 pounds, so well below that. Now to stay below 176 pounds (80 kg).

Good luck to the rest of you.

Down 42lbs myself since late march. Walking with or without weighted pack, cleaned up my diet major. No fast food in over 3 months. Lift weights 3 plus times a week and just bought an elliptical, I listen to alot of cam hanes and other podcasts pertaining to hunting and training for hunting at 32 years old decided it was time to get motivated and go into this next season better than I have the last ten. Getting started was the hardest part. I also got a 35lb kettle bell and found a crazy Russian guy names pavel on youtube who joe rogan interviewed who has a video on youtube on how to train with kettlebells called "enter the kettlebell" dude is the real deal and I beleive he's a physician of some sort. Anyways hoping to keep losing and really lean out the next few months before season , I've been trying to do something extra everyday for my fitness along with a good diet , looking forward to following this thread again this year.

I've had a few slip ups since February. I haven't had alcohol since April 17th and have really worked on my diet. I walk/jog/ mostly walk 15-25 miles per week. Started at 5'11" and 285 lbs. I think I'm still 5'11" but scale said 231 yesterday. One thing I've learned along the way is that this journey is never a straight line. There are always going to be peaks , valleys and plateaus. Embrace them and learn how to overcome what needs to be overcome and really enjoy the peaks... its ok!! Keep the goal and vision of what you want to be in mind but don't obsess , be ready for times when it just isn't easy. My goals are always changing. When I started I wanted to be 230 by November. Now I want to be 200 by the time I chase these Iowa whitetails for 2 solid weeks in November and also be in Moderately good shape. I can already sense this is going to make a huge difference in the quality of my hunts! It has already made me a better father, husband and friend!

SC HUNTER

FNG
I'm a little late to the party on this one. My wife had our son on February 24th and about May we decided both of us were going to go on a diet and get back where we were before she got pregnant. She did the optivia diet for a while and then just custom tuned her meals and the baby weight has literally melted off her.

I'm 32 years old right at 6 feet tall and I was at 224lbs not my biggest but I was close. I started back eating chicken, ground deer and cut out alot of the carbs. I went from drinking 12-15 beers a week to about 5 or so. My cardio was trash running a mile in 12 minutes had me winded, I was running 3 and 4 miles at an 8 minute pace 5 years ago. I ran 1 mile the first week of May at 12 minutes and some change, yesterday I ran a mile in 10:02. I've lost 22 pounds as of today with a goal of about 10 more pounds then maintaining. I want to get back to being able to bench press 300 pounds and run sub 10 minute miles. I'm going to keep an eye on this thread and add to it some.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
Still hovering around 220. Diet slacked for the last little bit with traveling and getting over Covid for the 2nd time. Current meal plan is a burger patty with 2 slices of bacon and 1 egg for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if I'm feeling hungry.

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
Man the wheels have come off of this for me the last few months. Stress levels have been really high and I went back to old habit of drowning my problems. Which as we all know works soooo well! Also, finally got the covid last month which kicked my ass. Tired of excuses so getting back to checking in here and working on getting my diet and drinking back in order.

Weighing pretty much the same. (234) I have been as high as 245 and low around 225 over the last few months. Cardio is horrible (partial achilles tear early May) Running did not work out for me.
Strength is coming back (lifting 3x week)

Thanks for everyone that kept this going. Need to get myself right.

Cheers

Man the wheels have come off of this for me the last few months. Stress levels have been really high and I went back to old habit of drowning my problems. Which as we all know works soooo well! Also, finally got the covid last month which kicked my ass. Tired of excuses so getting back to checking in here and working on getting my diet and drinking back in order.

Weighing pretty much the same. (234) I have been as high as 245 and low around 225 over the last few months. Cardio is horrible (partial achilles tear early May) Running did not work out for me.
Strength is coming back (lifting 3x week)

Thanks for everyone that kept this going. Need to get myself right.

Cheers
Stick with it man you only fail when you quit trying! Dial your diet in first. You can't out run a bad diet.
Ever think about using kettlebells? The book and workout Simple and Sinister will give you a good base to grow from. Cardio and weight training at once.
Cardio is always gonna suck...embrace it and turn it into something you enjoy! Best of luck Brother!

SC HUNTER

FNG
Still hovering right around 202-204 consistently. My wife made the comment that she can almost see my abs again. 🤷‍♂️ I drank 6 or 8 beers yesterday so I ran/walked for 8 miles this morning. Kind of like a "your stupid for drinking so much yesterday now you get to sweat it out today" type thing.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Well, I'm calling it done. Been as low as 170.6 pounds (77.4 kg). Not gotten down to 170 even, but that last 0.6 will probably be more muscle than fat and my original goal was 180 pounds, so well below that. Now to stay below 176 pounds (80 kg).

Good luck to the rest of you.
Well, I called it too soon. I upped my calorie budget to maintenance and worked a lot, so figured if anything my weight would go up (bloody snacks in the break room). However, for the past 3 days I have been below 170. So, despite being a quitter, I still hit goal.