WTB Rokslide member trying to scam

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a wtb thread for some accubonds and a newbie messaged me and told me to reach out to a email address he had some available for shipping. I emailed the guy and he got right back to me. Sent me a picture of the bullets he had and wanted me to pay friends and family. The email name did not match up to the odd PayPal name that he was requesting money with. I did a quick google image search and found the image of the bullets he sent me on there from a shop in England. Now he is being persist on me sending the money. If there’s one thing in this world I hate the most it has to be thief’s trying to scam me. Too bad it’s not a face to face transaction!! Glad I paid attention and don’t want to see anyone else on here get scammed !

Email was [email protected]
PayPal is Jerstone wafula.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
BE VERY CAREFUL OF WANT TO BUY ADs. These dirtbags will come after you matching exactly what you want

Oh hunter

WKR
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
He tried to get a dozen or so of us in the optics classifieds to I believe the mods booted him

OP
eriknezbeth
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like
Start posting some wtb ads of things that don’t exist. Like

Wtb Nightforce 3-9 mil xt nxs.

Should get them going well
Where this is going. He got a nice email from me with a wonderful picture of a hairy nude male bent over. I figured he would enjoy the view since that’s what he’s used to.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rarely use PayPal, so I am a novice at that, but why do sellers get so hung up on having payment sent under the "friends and family" method? Especially when they clearly are not friends, family or even acquaintances. Wouldn't using the regular PayPal solve the fraud problem?

I've only used PayPal once that I recall for paying an individual and I found the application less than intuitive and I accidentally paid the "regular way" on a Rockslide item when the seller apparently wanted "friends and family". I didn't know what "friends and family" was and did not notice a button to push to make the transaction go that way. Learned my lesson. The transaction was fine, but the interaction with the seller was sub-optimal. I think I'd just prefer to pay the fee and eliminate the fraud risk. Zelle is even better.

Dries

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I rarely use PayPal, so I am a novice at that, but why do sellers get so hung up on having payment sent under the "friends and family" method? Especially when they clearly are not friends, family or even acquaintances. Wouldn't using the regular PayPal solve the fraud problem?

I've only used PayPal once that I recall for paying an individual and I found the application less than intuitive and I accidentally paid the "regular way" on a Rockslide item when the seller apparently wanted "friends and family". I didn't know what "friends and family" was and did not notice a button to push to make the transaction go that way. Learned my lesson. The transaction was fine, but the interaction with the seller was sub-optimal. I think I'd just prefer to pay the fee and eliminate the fraud risk. Zelle is even better.

Due to the new tax laws if you get, if I remember correctly, $600 in your PayPal that is Labeled G&S they are going to start to tax that as income. I think they are doing that with all Pay services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Beware of the pm replies that every sentence ends with sir...... also had a scammer like every reply in our pm conversation.
If you have been on this site very long some thing just jump out at you as not being right.

I agree with above comments that I hate a scumbag trying to rip me off.

OP
eriknezbeth
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His excuse to me was any firearms or firearm accessory’s are grounds for getting your PayPal account banned. So with friends and family I believe you don’t have to input what your selling it’s just basically a money transfer. Goods and services require what your selling. I’m assuming that is why but I haven’t used PayPal much.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
His excuse to me was any firearms or firearm accessory’s are grounds for getting your PayPal account banned. So with friends and family I believe you don’t have to input what your selling it’s just basically a money transfer. Goods and services require what your selling. I’m assuming that is why but I haven’t used PayPal much.
He's already banned. In the future, just click report on their PM to you and we can respond faster than a thread in the classifieds

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Due to the new tax laws if you get, if I remember correctly, $600 in your PayPal that is Labeled G&S they are going to start to tax that as income. I think they are doing that with all Pay services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In addition PayPal deducts fees, something like 3% plus 25 cents or something like that for goods and services which they don't deduct if you send F&F.

TX_Diver

WKR
Rating - 100%
25   0   0

My understanding is that is correct... Paypal won't cover weapons related stuff anyways so why give them 3%.

That said if someone won't take a phone call or video chat with the item I'd be suspicious. I had a scammer fake a note with my name on it a few weeks back. Never sent him the $ though.