RokStok

JCMCUBIC

WKR
You could likely open the inlet to install an aics bottom metal and make the mdt polymer double stack 3rd mag fit flush. However you'll be limited to 2.85" internal.

I'm a big fan of the 3 round flush fit AICS mags in a flush fit AICS bottom metal that has release button inside the trigger guard. As mentioned, the limited OAL for SA rounds is the only issue for me. The lack of edge/under/over hang of the MDT flush fit is very, very nice for a hunter.

A thin metal AICS 3 round flush fit AICS that allowed longer OAL would be real improvement. The issue of magazine deformation would be limited while installed since it's a flush fit, it's protected. Perhaps a thicker inner corner and bottom seam with follower machined for clearance could be the helpful in avoiding deformation when carried loose in pack/etc. For higher round mags there are options, but not for a flush fit AICS...it would be an improvement not offered by anyone else in a standardized and highly used mag across multiple platforms.

The factory tikka mags are great IMO. I could see the following gaps or opportunities to improve:

1. 223 for loading long. I have a couple waters 2.6" mags so not really lacking here but they were expensive. Could see others wanting something different
2. BR based case mags for reliable feeding in factory Tikka bottom metal
3. ARC/Grendel mags - sounds like the factory mags might function fine here so not sure how much it is really needed.
4. Actual flush fitting. I'm guessing a guy would need to innovate a little to get 3 rounders truly flush and i'm not sure on the market for a mag that only holds 2 rounds but I'd buy a couple if they fit truly flush.
5. Higher capacity for sporter bottom metal.

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
I'm so invested in ctr mags and dbms, that I will stick with those. They feed great, and I haven't had any problems with them. Knock on wood.

amassi

WKR
I’m happy to see the continuity of innovation but is the current OEM 3 round protrusion affecting anyone to the point they’d drop a round of capacity for a flush fit? or is this merely an aesthetic want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m happy to see the continuity of innovation but is the current OEM 3 round protrusion affecting anyone to the point they’d drop a round of capacity for a flush fit? or is this merely an aesthetic want?

I have done a lot of tracking in the snow and still hunting. After carrying a basic factory Xbolt around for a few days holding it under the nice rounded narrow, perfectly flush fitting bottom metal a tikka just doesn't feel good. Very minor inconvenience but it is obvious. So yes, I'd buy a 2 round mag if it fit perfectly flush.

Last edited:
The above is the reason I want a flush mag. I typically hunt with one in the chamber, so a mag that holds 2 is fine with me.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR

Not to drop capacity, but if a 3 round flush could somehow work, or a double stack 4 round, that would be incredible for me and how I carry my weapon and shoot. Just a wish list thing more than anything really.

fwafwow

WKR
I'm wondering if today is the day?! I'm doing my part to be ready - sitting at a desk with a high speed internet connection, hitting refresh pretty frequently and not working like I'm supposed to. Wait - that's like a lot of days....

H-342 Multicam Dark Brown? H-258 Chocolate Brown? H128 Hunter Orange? Decisions, decisions.

I decided to pass on H141 (Prison Pink), as that may be too popular.

I'm wondering if today is the day?! I'm doing my part to be ready - sitting at a desk with a high speed internet connection, hitting refresh pretty frequently and not working like I'm supposed to. Wait - that's like a lot of days....

H-342 Multicam Dark Brown? H-258 Chocolate Brown? H128 Hunter Orange? Decisions, decisions.

H340 - Multicam Light Green is the winner.

BjornF16

WKR

You just be ready…

The rest of us will await Sunday Midnight as UM indicated pre sale will go live next week.

Since you are talking colors, which Cerakote gray is a medium - dark that would complement Hunter Orange?

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
You just be ready…

The rest of us will await Sunday Midnight as UM indicated pre sale will go live next week.

Since you are talking colors, which Cerakote gray is a medium - dark that would complement Hunter Orange?
I’m thinking stone gray with the orange highlights.
1702673536642.png

lintond

WKR

The H141 is out of stock after [mention]Ryan Avery [/mention]used it for his crocs

fwafwow

WKR
You just be ready…

Ugh. I must of skipped over the "next week if" post. But that might just be a ruse....

Unsure of what I want to do with sling stud placement. Right now I use a QD on the bottom, and mounting the front stud as far forward as possible. I usually have a 26” barrel and heavier scope so they tend to not carry very well on the shoulder and want to ride/fall back unless I mount the front stud far forward.

I’ve killed so many bucks off hand going quickly from the shoulder sling that I cannot bring myself to abandon the shoulder carry sling…I do carry it attached to my pack when I’m not still hunting or in the deer.

Never tried the left side QD sling setup for shoulder carry..definitely curious about that option if anyone can chime in with their experience there.