RokStok

mstei4

Lil-Rokslider
How about if it looks nice AND doesnt compromise function?
I’m not against that, that’s why I phrased what I said the way I did though it may have been more clear in my head. If it has any potential to compromise function, then throw aesthetics out the window. If it will not get in the way of function, then aesthetics are a totally valid consideration.

Part of indicating a single contour was to reduce skus for UM, but it looks like they’re already planning on at least two contours. I’d argue against anything that needs to be widened/custom fit, as that’s just extra futzing that I really don’t want to do it I don’t have to.

Carl Ross

Lil-Rokslider
A healthy float for a straight 1.25” uncontoured barrel ought to do it, one and done. :ROFLMAO:

If being serious, I’d do ONE model with a healthy float for a sendero contour and call it to reduce sku’s. I can see how some would want it to match the barrel just so, but you only match one contour nicely per sku, and if there’s some slight contour or barrel straightness discrepancies you can have CS issues.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I agree with @Lawnboi and @wind gypsy regarding LOP options being a priority.

To avoid a bunch of skus with different LOPs, can you just build the LOP on the short side (13-13.5”) and then offer precut 1/4” and 1/2” spacers + longer mounting hardware?
This would be ideal for sure. I’m a 14 1/2”-14 3/4” guy super easy to add spacers as needed.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I agree with @Lawnboi and @wind gypsy regarding LOP options being a priority.

To avoid a bunch of skus with different LOPs, can you just build the LOP on the short side (13-13.5”) and then offer precut 1/4” and 1/2” spacers + longer mounting hardware?

I believe they are looking more to that if you want a shorter LOP than you order it, they cut it and fit a pad to it. Either that, or adding a 12” LOP with spacers for that use. The vast majority of users do not want spacers to have to be used to reach normal LOP.

Either way, there will be an option for short LOP’s- that’s one of my requirements.

Juan_ID

WKR
3b, sendero, ctr, #4 whatever, just do the damn thing! 😊 And don’t ask the internet guys what they want as you’re going to get a big split in what they think they want. They’re easy enough to open later if need be. With all the buildup behind this thing now if a “too big” or “too small” of barrel channel deters anyone from buying they likely wouldn’t have been happy with it anyways…

Last edited:

TX_Diver

WKR
I believe they are looking more to that if you want a shorter LOP than you order it, they cut it and fit a pad to it. Either that, or adding a 12” LOP with spacers for that use. The vast majority of users do not want spacers to have to be used to reach normal LOP.

Either way, there will be an option for short LOP’s- that’s one of my requirements.

Have you posted or is there a good resource for figuring out best LOP for someone?

I'm aware of the 90 degree bent arm, etc. but it seems like that method should probably be categorized similarly to the thought that all scopes work fine.

With my KRG bravo I found that to get square to the rifle prone I had to take out all of the spacers which seemed odd as I'm ~6'-1" with pretty long arms. Wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if that's normal-ish?

Have you posted or is there a good resource for figuring out best LOP for someone?

I'm aware of the 90 degree bent arm, etc. but it seems like that method should probably be categorized similarly to the thought that all scopes work fine.

With my KRG bravo I found that to get square to the rifle prone I had to take out all of the spacers which seemed odd as I'm ~6'-1" with pretty long arms. Wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if that's normal-ish?

Definitely requires one to mount a scope a lot further back when you're square and mounting the rifle closer to center than being bladed and putting it in your shoulder pocket.