RokStok

lak2004

WKR
Yes, this is my primary concern. I don’t think accuracy is improved noticeably, but consistency durimg field use - drops, riding on a quad or backseat, etc.
I know form does his testing with his rifle that is perma bedded but I wonder if he's done any testing between bedded/non-bedded stocks in relation to scope zero and return to zero. @Formidilosus

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Here's their explanation, maybe @Stockys can chime in.
So there are a few factors that play into why a stock should or shouldn’t bedded right out of the box.

We’ll start with the Remington 700 receivers for an example. Remington 700s are round bottom receivers. When put into a stock that has a “rounded” inlet, the rifle will tend to move side to side under recoil which doesn’t always bring your rifle back to the same point every shot. I’ll speak on our Accublock which uses a “v” shaped bedding to keep the rifle centered and in the same position repeatedly. We started the accublock in wood stocks back in 08 and have implemented that same accublock into our injection molded composite stocks and our carbon fiber stocks.
The industry has also evolved from traditional pillar bedding to aluminum chassis. Granted a lot of research done on glass bedding was looking at wood and compression of those stocks after repeated use. It was an “easy” fix for repeatability to glass bed wood stocks. Then add in pillars and you have a stronger torque value with aluminum (50-65inch lbs) than you would with wood (25 inch lbs). More torque means less movement. I have also seen many crappy bedding jobs that cause more issues than it’s worth because it usually doesn’t improve results but causes other issues to arise.

Then you have the competition shooting side of it which anything you can do to improve accuracy is necessary.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I know form does his testing with his rifle that is perma bedded but I wonder if he's done any testing between bedded/non-bedded stocks in relation to scope zero and return to zero. @Formidilosus

Yes. It varies with each action and each stock or chassis. Aluminum chassis and good actions that are consistent- say KRG and Tikka for example, do not need to be bedded. Or I haven’t seen one that does. Tikka T3’s in factory stocks generally do not have a POI shift from drops as long as action screws are torqued around 60’ish In-lbs. Some do- up to .1 to .3 mil shifts from 3 foot drops, and spot bedding the lug and tang has stopped it.

Different versions of R700 actions and stocks, generally need to.

I have not used a Stocky’s on any R700 pattern rifles, so couldn’t say there. The one Stocky’s I have used in a Tikka dodo not need bedded and has been dropped quite a bit without issue.

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
UPDATE 12/13/23

New print is arriving soon and we will evaluate it this Friday. Unfortunately that means the pre sale is pushed to next week assuming everything is approved.

I had a meeting with SRS and we settled on rail options for the Rokstok that can be available for the pre sale:

The fantastic news is we can offer 4 rails that should cover the majority of your requests:

Picatinny
Arca
Arca/Pic
Spartan/Pic

These rails will be around 4.25" long and look similar to the picture I have posted below, those are not the exact rails though. The Rokstok rails will be designed just for this stock and will recess in further than the scallop slightly for mounting screw and QD cup to allow extra real estate for rail length out front. They will each have QD cup and sling stud built in to them if designs go according to plan. They will be interchangeable as well with the exception of the spartan rail needing some mill work because the boss is recessed to maintain the flush look.

All products have been updated and I'm giving you guys a sneak peak at what the product looks like below to get ready for your purchase and ask any additional questions I can field.

2023-12-13_14-31-06.jpgLE TIKKA (6).jpg

@Stockys @Ryan Avery @Formidilosus

Tullis94

WKR
So it doesn't look like a hunters rail will work correct? The small angle change just in front of the front action screw makes it so it won't sit flush? Just want to clarify so I order the right accessories if my dad wants one without the scallop forend.

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Let's say horror of horrors happens and I don't get in the first batch.

When would the next restock occur?
Hypothetically:

If we sell 1000 stocks in 24 hours, we will buy enough molds to fill all orders inside of 90 days. Each mold can produce 2 stocks per day, 5 days per week. Each mold can will make 120 stocks in 90 days, so we need to buy 9 molds to fulfill our promise.

This means that if you miss the pre sale, we may open again in 90 days and have a much faster fill rate because we have 9 molds running now.

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So it doesn't look like a hunters rail will work correct? The small angle change just in front of the front action screw makes it so it won't sit flush? Just want to clarify so I order the right accessories if my dad wants one without the scallop forend.
That's correct, Hunters rails will have to be slightly bent into position. We can install a mini arca in front of the DBM if you go with the integrated rail option, it will be an option under Rokstok accessories to be installed before the stock leaves the shop.

will it come with the QD cups or will we order them? If we need to order them will we need to note where we want them? If we are lucky enough to get one in our cart will we have time to complete our order or will it be able to get sold out while we are completing our order?

03mossy

WKR
Can someone label which one is which? Sorry I’ve never used a rail so have no idea???

IMG_7690.png

Tcmo-33

FNG
I talked to stockys a few weeks ago regarding the acublock bedding system. One thing worth noting in our conversation was that they told me they tested the acublock against the traditional aluminum pillars and the results were impressive. They said they were able to crush the aluminum with 1 ton of pressure while they reached the maximum force they could of 8 tons on the acublock without any damage.. for anyone worried about the crush strength on the acublock I wouldn’t be. They also said that since they have moved to Florida they have taken advantage of the the marine industry which is how they were able to come up with the with material that makes the acublock. I also asked them what the performance of the bedding system was when it comes to the recoil lug and if it will deform over time and they said that they have not seen an issue. They also told me that though it’s not recommended, a gentleman put a 375 sheytac in an acublock and the first 100 rounds did not have any affect on it.

Stockys, correct me if I am wrong on any of this

It is nice to see that they are trying to find the breaking point of their system. Not finding the breaking point at 800% over the previous common practice is icing on the cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I talked to stockys a few weeks ago regarding the acublock bedding system. One thing worth noting in our conversation was that they told me they tested the acublock against the traditional aluminum pillars and the results were impressive. They said they were able to crush the aluminum with 1 ton of pressure while they reached the maximum force they could of 8 tons on the acublock without any damage.. for anyone worried about the crush strength on the acublock I wouldn’t be. They also said that since they have moved to Florida they have taken advantage of the the marine industry which is how they were able to come up with the with material that makes the acublock. I also asked them what the performance of the bedding system was when it comes to the recoil lug and if it will deform over time and they said that they have not seen an issue. They also told me that though it’s not recommended, a gentleman put a 375 sheytac in an acublock and the first 100 rounds did not have any affect on it.

Stockys, correct me if I am wrong on any of this

It is nice to see that they are trying to find the breaking point of their system. Not finding the breaking point at 800% over the previous common practice is icing on the cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty spot on and I was the one who spoke with you!

Also to add one of the owner Don’s hobbies is building and launching rockets 50,000 ft up so he has extensive composite experience as well.