RokStok

TomJoad

WKR
Undereducated question: I keep seeing folks in this thread mention recoil reduction… I thought the design of this stock was centered around spotting shots through elimination of muzzle rise: bore inline with recoil pad. This means ALL recoil moves into the shoulder vs. a drop comb gun with lots muzzle rise which deflects some of that recoil up, while destroying your sight picture. I don’t think recoil reduction is relevant for the majority of WKR .223 and 6mm Tikka’s. But I’m not understanding the physics of those stating improved shot spotting AND recoil reduction. School me please @Formidilosus

Frank Dux

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll help. It doesn’t reduce recoil. Less weight. Maybe the perception of recoil may be less due to less muzzle rise.

id_jon

WKR
Undereducated question: I keep seeing folks in this thread mention recoil reduction… I thought the design of this stock was centered around spotting shots through elimination of muzzle rise: bore inline with recoil pad. This means ALL recoil moves into the shoulder vs. a drop comb gun with lots muzzle rise which deflects some of that recoil up, while destroying your sight picture. I don’t think recoil reduction is relevant for the majority of WKR .223 and 6mm Tikka’s. But I’m not understanding the physics of those stating improved shot spotting AND recoil reduction. School me please @Formidilosus
I may be wrong, but I think the key words "perceived" or "felt" recoil has been intentionally used.

False_Cast

Lil-Rokslider
I suspect the impulse being absorbed by the shoulder as opposed to the side of your face will reduce perceived recoil.

TX_Diver

WKR
Anyone have experience with multiple rails that can comment on pros/cons of each?

I'm used to stocks with just sling swivel studs and while I shoot off a (cheap harris sling stud attached) bipod at home sometimes I haven't carried one in the field.

Tempted to just go without a rail but the pic/arca also seems like it'd be pretty versatile at least for giving me the option of using a rail later should I want too...

JBMAK

FNG
Classified Approved
Anyone have experience with multiple rails that can comment on pros/cons of each?

I'm used to stocks with just sling swivel studs and while I shoot off a (cheap harris sling stud attached) bipod at home sometimes I haven't carried one in the field.

Tempted to just go without a rail but the pic/arca also seems like it'd be pretty versatile at least for giving me the option of using a rail later should I want too...

This comes down to what you wish to use for bipods. The ARCA/PIC will give you the most versatility at one price point, but with these all being interchangeable you will be able to purchase and swap whenever.

The advantage to PIC vs ARCA, in my opinion only comes into play when shooting PRS competitions. ARCA allows you to quickly and smoothly move your bipod along the full length of your arca plate, providing adjustment however long your arca plate is. PIC does similarly, but due to the way PIC locks up, you have to make adjustments according to that.

I haven't found an instance in hunting where I need the adjustment of an ARCA rail, but since it's a possibility for the same weight, so I say why not, and plan to run the PIC/ARCA mount on my Rok.

I'm runnin the Gunwerks bipod, which currently attaches via PIC, but I have tripods that are ARCA receivers, so the added ability to throw my rifle on a tripod out front for obscure shots where I have all the time in the world to setup sounds nice.

I also plan to have UM install an arca plate in front of my magwell because that's where I prefer to mount a tripod if I do so.

PBBananaHammock

Lil-Rokslider

I’m tempted to go no scallop or rail also. I always use a suppressor and putting a bipod up front as well just throws the balance wildly off. Tripods are nice but I don’t like them mounted to the front of a rifle. I’m sure any of the rails would not hurt but I will literally never use them.

I’m tempted to go no scallop or rail also. I always use a suppressor and putting a bipod up front as well just throws the balance wildly off. Tripods are nice but I don’t like them mounted to the front of a rifle. I’m sure any of the rails would not hurt but I will literally never use them.
Sounds like an argument could be made for a spartan, if you want a bipod option, it won’t effect balance and you don’t need it on your rifle, just keep it handy

I don’t expect to shoot the type of shots that I need a big heavy bipod on my rifle, but if terrain allows it’s nice to have a handy bipod that is functional for most shooting that isn’t attached to the rifle but is quick to deploy if needed

Harvey_NW

WKR
Since rails got brought up I finally got a Spartan and will be going that route for now, but a little confused on the options. Assuming if you want flush you need to go normal forend, scalloped would accept universal and there probably isn't enough material to do a flush on a scalloped forend?

Since rails got brought up I finally got a Spartan and will be going that route for now, but a little confused on the options. Assuming if you want flush you need to go normal forend, scalloped would accept universal and there probably isn't enough material to do a flush on a scalloped forend?
There will be a flush mount in the spartan rail and will look something like this

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-19 120608.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-19 120608.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 59