RokStok

Yeah, that post is what my question is centered on. I’m curious what number of preorders corresponds to what number of molds.

I've been trying to figure out which cerakote color is closest to the gray/green/blue color that some kimner Montanas and Barrett fieldcraft have. The color examples on cerakote website aren't great.

Anyone have any suggestions?

PBBananaHammock

Lil-Rokslider
I've been trying to figure out which cerakote color is closest to the gray/green/blue color that some kimner Montanas and Barrett fieldcraft have. The color examples on cerakote website aren't great.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Pay for the 2-3 cerakote option and request they mix colors to get a close match. If cerakote doesn’t have a standard option that’s as close as you’ll get.

However, you can record the H# of a few you think are close and google images for more reference or email cerakote for clarification.

At the risk of being told to ride the short bus, I’d like to ask some questions about shooting with the flat toe. @Formidilosus @Ryan Avery are you getting elevation adjustments mostly from squeezing the bag? Are you having to reach up and adjust the bipod more?

I did shoot with the bravo a bit and loved the recoil impulse of the flat toe, but it was fussier to get on target. Admittedly i only shot a few hundred rounds not a few thousand with it, so maybe it would have become second nature with time.

On the other hand with my Alterra stocks I have become accustomed to preloading the bipod more so things are not really sliding on the bag at all.

Would love to hear some thoughts and eventually see some use videos.

Would really dig some instructional videos where you go through your shot process.

At the risk of being told to ride the short bus, I’d like to ask some questions about shooting with the flat toe. @Formidilosus @Ryan Avery are you getting elevation adjustments mostly from squeezing the bag? Are you having to reach up and adjust the bipod more?

I did shoot with the bravo a bit and loved the recoil impulse of the flat toe, but it was fussier to get on target. Admittedly i only shot a few hundred rounds not a few thousand with it, so maybe it would have become second nature with time.

On the other hand with my Alterra stocks I have become accustomed to preloading the bipod more so things are not really sliding on the bag at all.

Would really dig some instructional videos where you go through your shot process.
A “forms fundamentals” sticky or series would be very helpful so you don’t have to dig through different threads to find all the nuggets of info he’s imparted over the years

woods89

WKR

I'm interested as well. Both my rifles have a sloped toe, and I do sometimes adjust by sliding the bag back and forth. I've also found, though, that it works well to lift slightly with the trigger hand, squeeze the bag, and settle the toe down into the bag again to the desired height.
I use a Pint sized Gamechanger with Git lite for a rear bag. It's fairly squeezable. I shoot off my back pack so there's no forward pressure involved, and actually I'm applying pressure rearward into my shoulder with the grip hand.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator

I did shoot with the bravo a bit and loved the recoil impulse of the flat toe, but it was fussier to get on target.

It’s all rear rest.

For all that are concerned with a parallel toe:

What are y’all doing that this is an issue?

This is an issue on a contrived flat range range where someone wants to only use this bag that is too hard to begin with, and somehow can’t or won’t change the bag’s orientation or add another.