RokStok

str8ripon

FNG
Treading into the waters on Rokslide, lurking for a while - hopefully I don’t get too brutalized for asking a question.

I ordered one of the stocks, wanted to do one of the sponge camos so I ordered the 2-3 color variant. Only problem, I realized I didn’t input a color choice, etc. I tried searching this thread and looking on the site but didn’t have any luck seeing how to specify color selection.

Treading into the waters on Rokslide, lurking for a while - hopefully I don’t get too brutalized for asking a question.

I ordered one of the stocks, wanted to do one of the sponge camos so I ordered the 2-3 color variant. Only problem, I realized I didn’t input a color choice, etc. I tried searching this thread and looking on the site but didn’t have any luck seeing how to specify color selection.
Email unknown cerakote with the order number and color they will get you squared away.

03mossy

WKR

I did the same exact thing the first night these were released and sent an email with colors and order number like suggested. Haven’t had a reply yet but I figure they are pretty swamped. Assuming they will get back to me before production.

Axlrod

WKR
Jake decided to cerakote and bake at 120 degrees… the 3d print nor Jessica were impressed

f894e35f8980438daa1687ecd00033f0.jpg

ed11e88588d4b1c9ed7b444fcbf8ca48.jpg

5fdb835deec38653eac3d4602531ac1e.jpg

ef2c6c7b659b3ddf7d4a24792a7fe266.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Have to change the measuring calibration, from dead cats to dead Bobcats!

Sled

WKR
Holy float. Not much to grab on to. Good clearance for a cat or two to crawl in there. And we all thought the rokstok was fugly.
1704655199533.png

Stu

Lil-Rokslider
I thought blaser was good. At least the butt pad is adjustable!

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Yeah, i have a hard time squaring up that blaser would think that design was a good idea. Really just everything forward of the mag I wonder in what use case is that not an idiotic design?

That design goes back 20+ years ago. Lots of rifles were weirdly designed in the 90’s. However, the Blaser Tac 2 (that rifle), shoot very well once the butt pad and cheek rest are raised, and off a bipod.

Interestingly, the forend was made for the exact reason that people want an angled toe- elevation adjustment from pushing the rifle forward or pulling backwards.

Frank Dux

Lil-Rokslider
What are the opinions/favorites for the bipod attachment types? I don’t use a bipod currently. I don’t really have plans to, but want to pick a good option since the stock comes that way. Right now I’m leaning towards the pic/sparten. I know arca’s pretty popular too, but doesn’t seem to fit the purpose of this stock as much as the sparten. Going pic only also doesn’t seem that great when you can have both for same price.

What are the opinions/favorites for the bipod attachment types? I don’t use a bipod currently. I don’t really have plans to, but want to pick a good option since the stock comes that way. Right now I’m leaning towards the pic/sparten. I know arca’s pretty popular too, but doesn’t seem to fit the purpose of this stock as much as the sparten. Going pic only also doesn’t seem that great when you can have both for same price.
The arca is good for tripod shooting

I went with pic/spartan and will probably not use the pic, but I like having the spartan option and that’s been my bipod of choice… not the best or most stable, but it’s the most logical compromise for the hunting I do, it’s not very common to shoot off a bipod for me, but I like the option and it’s lightweight and doesn’t have to be on the rifle

Had there been a arca/spartan I would have went that route, if they build one in the future I’ll buy it, but the pic/spartan is what I went with

Frank Dux

Lil-Rokslider
Also thinking bare carbon, but can only find pics of the glossy carbon fiber. I guess it’s not that much different.

What’s grippier? Matte carbon fiber or cerakote?

Seems like bare carbon will be most durable.

Also thinking bare carbon, but can only find pics of the glossy carbon fiber. I guess it’s not that much different.

What’s grippier? Matte carbon fiber or cerakote?

Seems like bare carbon will be most durable.
Sounds like the bare carbon will be a matte finish, but all will have textured panels around the grip and forend, the rok will not be as shiny as other stockys bare carbon

ehayes

FNG
Best meme I’ve seen… going on the wall in the office.
Stockys- Will the Rokstok be compatible with Redsnake Tikka Bottom Metal without modification?
I’m assuming this stock inlet for bottom metal is the same cut out as your other tikka stocks, same action after all. Are you aware of people using Redsnake Bottom Metal in your existing Tikka stocks and if so what modifications are needed?